Mar. 19th Sunday Supper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
sammie.JPG
[file photo]

It's a lazy Sunday, and I knew that it would be, so I thought ahead yesterday.
I stopped at my favorite green grocer and picked up the ingredients for Italian-Style Hoagies.
I have a big bag of Potato Chips, our favorite brand of Root Beer and dessert in the works too ;):yum::pig:

What's going on your table?

Prepping stuffed peppers for dinner...

img_1503288_0_04358776945a3c2d322727fea77ac7d1.jpg

It's been a cold, raw day today - we even had snow showers this morning! :ohmy: So some warming food is in order. I'm thawing homemade chicken stock and Italian sausage. I'll use those to make Italian pasta e fagioli (pasta and white bean) soup with sausage. I don't have a lot of salad fixings, so I'll add some Swiss chard from the garden to the soup.

I also started a batch of no-knead bread dough, so I'll make a loaf of bread to go with it. The rest will go into the fridge to age.

I making pizza this afternoon. The crust is rising. Will top with sauteed onions and peppers, and pepperoni and canadian bacon, with mozz cheese and pizza sauce.

My taste buds are discussing whether I should use my gotta-go mushrooms in an omelet or spaghetti. Since neither Himself nor I am particularly hungry, the omelet is pulling into the lead.

DH is busily screeching at his beloved Hawkeyes in the family room, which is adjacent to the kitchen. I think they're losing and apparently have a very bad ref according to the screeches. Once the game is over I plan to make broccoli beer cheese soup.

You are all doing better than I am today.

I started with quite possibly the worst breakfast burrito on the planet in Springfield, MO. Later it was a McDonalds chicken sandwich while driving the rent-a-car to the middle of nowhere, KS. Later, at the Wichita airport, I had a really bad cocktail, with some chips and possibly the worst queso on the planet. The only food place open here right now at the airport is Dunkin' Donuts.

Tomorrow, I cook!!!

BTW, how does one mess up a breakfast burrito... and queso???

CD

We had our daughter, granddaughter and her girlfriend from college for dinner. Pasta with sausages and meatballs with a salad. Carrot cake and whoopie pies for dessert.

Those sandwiches look so yummy kgirl, and Joey....oh, those stuffed peppers! :yum:

Everyone's dinners sound good this Sunday evening. I spent much of the day outside in the 83F sun, and am very tired now at 7:15PM. This evening's dinner ended up being a bowl of raisin bran topped with a sliced banana, and a mango for a side. :D

CG...I had the same issues with some mushroom mustgoes yesterday and ended up sautéing all of them with some onions and bell pepper, and mixed them with some leftover chopped cooked brats, and vacuum sealed the whole caboodle. I figure I'll use that as a base for a pasta dish sometime. :)

You are all doing better than I am today.

I started with quite possibly the worst breakfast burrito on the planet in Springfield, MO. Later it was a McDonalds chicken sandwich while driving the rent-a-car to the middle of nowhere, KS. Later, at the Wichita airport, I had a really bad cocktail, with some chips and possibly the worst queso on the planet. The only food place open here right now at the airport is Dunkin' Donuts.

Tomorrow, I cook!!!

BTW, how does one mess up a breakfast burrito... and queso???

CD

Easy...they were probably made too far ahead and sat too long. Casey, I can imagine you'll be so glad to be in your own kitchen again and back to your own cooking - once you catch your breath from your travels. :chef: Hope you get some rest and relaxation.

Last edited:
Use it or lose it, right Cheryl? ;)

A friend has posted a frittata recipe that included mushrooms and caramelized onions. Mmm, caramelized onions. So I made some, along with the mushrooms, and we split a 5-egg omelet with Havarti cheese. I added some baby spinach to my half, kept far away from his side. :LOL: Sliced a mineola and blood orange and topped with some halved green grapes for something from the fruit and veggie column. Home baked pumpkin bread, too. :yum:

Attachments

• 20170319_210550.jpg
    20170319_210550.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 176
You always hear people say how great something is, but when you try it, the product falls short of the hype.:( Penn Dutch had ground wagyu on sale and we decided to make some burgers with it. They were ok, but good ole 80/20 ground makes a better burger IMO. The toppings were caramelized sweet onions, criminis and gorgonzola. Steak fries on the side.

Back
Top Bottom