Marathon Monday Dinner - 4/16/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to have some honey mustard chicken over rice. But the cough I got yesterday isn't going away, so a trip to the store tonight and $75 later, I'm just having a bowl of soup potato chowder and ham soup with some Theraflu for dessert. I just hope I'm feeling better by tomorrow. My room looks like a tornado hit it and I need to clean and pick things up.

I'm sure not too sick to drool over that cheesecake, though! I think I left a noseprint on the monitor.

I like to scroll thru yesterday's menu and be inspired by everyone's post. All of them scrumptious looking AND sounding.

CG funny - I had earmarked that recipe from the internet but haven't gotten to it. Looked like it would be good, especially with the hashbrowns. Now you've posted that review I'll have to dig it up and give it a try.

I made fish 'n chips last night. I rarely deep-fry, but when I mentioned we'd be having fish for dinner, DH immediately requested it and I couldn't refuse :wub: I used the recipe from Cooks Illustrated's Best International Recipes cookbook. They turned out perfectly - delicious crispy beer batter and tender fish :yum:

As much as I love vinegar, I don't like malt vinegar on fried fish, so I made Marie Rose sauce for me. Salads on the side.
0416182039a.jpg

Last edited:
This is a picture of last night's previously described dinner.

Attachments

• 2018-04-17 12.26.37.jpg
    2018-04-17 12.26.37.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom