May 20, 2014 What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I made my dinner a little early today, French bread pizza. I like mine with garlic butter lightly toasted then smothered in mozz and a little Swiss and pepperoni and fried sausage bits.

I've tried it with a tomato sauce, but found that in this case, I prefer the garlic butter. It goes so much better with French bread.

The bread was on sale for $1 and makes 4 good size meals.

What are you cooking (or not)?

Leftovers for me. I reheated the meat from the burritos and made me one for my supper. I have strawberries and blackberries with whipped cream for dessert.

Zhizara, you gave me an idea, hot dog bun pizza! I have a bit of pepperoni and some mozzerella, parm, and other stuff. DH is doing his tennis thing tonight, so it's just dinner for one.

DH is still out of town, so it's just me. I made tzatziki this afternoon and have a couple of pork chops marinating in Penzey's Greek Seasoning with evoo and some extra lemon juice. I'm going to toast some of the pita I made and make a tomato-cucumber-feta salad. Will pan-grill the chops and serve it all with the tzatziki. Might bake a potato, too.

TB had some smokies and Greek salad while I was out. I had already packed his sandwiches for work as I wouldn't be home before he left.

I am not sure what I will have.

I'm undecided. I was going to try a Chicken Tikka Masala seasoning packet with some chicken in the pressure cooker but then thought it's too hot outside for anything too spicy. Maybe teriyaki shortribs with some slaw. We'll see how things go. I may change my mind completely before I get off work and can make it to the store.

I like that recipe Pac and I was looking for something to do with my package of little smokies..maybe this week.

I had my Tues. lunch with the girls, so it will be leftovers of the lasagna roll ups tonight again. Since I don't bake, I ordered an outrageous cheese cake from Collin's Street Bakery for Steve's birthday on Sat. so we'll have some of that for desert. How can you go wrong with a perfectly made white chocolate/macadamia/coconut cheesecake??

I'm going with the teriyaki short ribs. I'm going to mix up some chop suey mix (bean sprouts, grated carrots and some cabbage), I'll add some napa cabbage, cilantro and green onions. We are going to roll the shredded meat and the veggie mix into a burrito and top it with some hoisin salad dressing. Kind of a asian burrito deal.

I like that recipe Pac and I was looking for something to do with my package of little smokies..maybe this week...

Definitely a good way to use up those little things ;)
Filling and one pot (besides the rice).

I overcooked chicken on the grill but had brined it so it turned out really juicy.

Grilled sweet potato and arugula and watermelon radish and chive salad from my garden.

I marinated some pork sirloin cutlets in a sesame ginger marinade and grilled them. Also stir-fried some mushrooms and onion and added some blanched sugar snap peas.

I made Sichuan Family Style Bean Curd (stir-fry) and rice. It's like mapo dofu except with large pieces of fried tofu.

Back
Top Bottom