May the Fourth, be with you! 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the few times I know what dinner is this early in the day.

GD has a layover in Boston and is coming for dinner. Roast chicken, stuffing and a veggie/salad.

I'll have leftovers - probably the rest of the Chinese I made last night. DH has golf tonight - not sure whether he plans to go out for dinner with them or not. We have plenty of nibbles, though.

A friend and I have tickets for a Morel Mushroom dinner tonight, sponsored by a local food foragers club. From what I understand, the lineup includes butter fried mushrooms, mushroom masala curry, beef tenderloin and mushroom skewers, wild rice risotto with ramps and mushrooms, and even morel mushroom ice cream (not too sure about that one :ermm:). Each course is paired with a local craft brew.

A friend and I have tickets for a Morel Mushroom dinner tonight, sponsored by a local food foragers club. From what I understand, the lineup includes butter fried mushrooms, mushroom masala curry, beef tenderloin and mushroom skewers, wild rice risotto with ramps and mushrooms, and even morel mushroom ice cream (not too sure about that one :ermm:). Each course is paired with a local craft brew.

I am SERIOUSLY jealous!

It's also Dave Brubeck Day, as 5/4 is the time signature of "Take Five", Brubeck's best known recording.

Tonight's dinner will be clams and linguine, green salad on the side.

I caught this on the news this morning:

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/travel/...port-star-wars-day-may-the-fourth-be-with-you

While a few years before "Take Five", I enjoyed his concert at Sunset Auditorium in Carmel, Ca when in high school in 1955..

Man o man, that makes me old.. :wacko:

Dinner tonight will be... out.. Its no cook Friday.. :)

Ross

Curry with a sweet potato and coconut milk base, broccoli, zucchini, chick peas and kidney beans. Because it tastes so good.

Chicken pad thai

Attachments

• 2018-05-04 17.56.28.jpg
    2018-05-04 17.56.28.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 113
I have allergy aches today. Himself will have the leftover corned beef etc. I have some hard cooked eggs waiting for me to do something. I have a taste for egg salad sandwich. Or maybe tuna salad. Or maybe a little of both. Or I just might slice the eggs, put a lot of mayo and dijon on the the bread, and sprinkle capers and chives on top. Celery on the side.

First, I have to go fine some energy...

Attachments

• 31542942_10155347239407401_1015061270677684224_n.jpg
    31542942_10155347239407401_1015061270677684224_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 111
I've been grazing today. I'm still hungry. Pasta and clam sauce is tempting, and I have the stuff to make it -- thanks Rock.

BTW Rock, I used to play the drums. Back in the 60s and 70s, I had a genuine Slingerland Buddy Rich kit in Marine Pearl, exactly like his. He was my hero. Someone set the HS band room on fire -- my kit was in there. I bought a few more kits, both acoustic and electronic, but all I have now is a Pearl cajón. Fun for campout jams and the like.

CD

I've been grazing today. I'm still hungry. Pasta and clam sauce is tempting, and I have the stuff to make it -- thanks Rock.

BTW Rock, I used to play the drums. Back in the 60s and 70s, I had a genuine Slingerland Buddy Rich kit in Marine Pearl, exactly like his. He was my hero. Someone set the HS band room on fire -- my kit was in there. I bought a few more kits, both acoustic and electronic, but all I have now is a Pearl cajón. Fun for campout jams and the like.

CD
I've been hooked on vintage drums for years..Can't play them worth a fart but love and respect them none the less..

I had a light dinner this afternoon in anticipation of pigging out on a Mexican feast tomorrow.

Fresh fruit salad, a few crackers, pickles, and olives.

Back
Top Bottom