Meatless Monday--whatcha cooking? (09-15-2014)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
chicken sandwiches with chips and dip. Ate really healthy all weekend with lots of salads and fruit. Need my junk food fix!

yummy snack 001.JPG

... and a no-cook-monday too!
just got back from a week at the beach in SoCal.
light supper of TJ's Pita Bites crackers,
sliced Fuji Apple
almonds
TJ's mini Brie bites with my homemade
Meyer Lemon Marmalade on top
... oh and a glass (or three) of what else?
TJ's 'Three Buck Chuck' Sauvgnon Blanc
later this evening we'll finish off our deluxe brownies

more fish here. looks like we'll be eating fish on mondays since dw befriended the fish monger, and he told her he gets his best fish fresh from the fulton market every monday morning.

so, dw made broiled salmon, rice pilaf, and guacamole tonight to go with a fresh bakery baguette and maslo butter.

It's a mix of leftovers (a piece of fried cod, the Greek chicken sandwich filling from Saturday) and another new-to-me salad with body. I steamed baby beets earlier that will be used for a Kale and Beet Salad. Our first foray into baby kale - again, waiting for Himself's review. So far, all my explorations in new recipes have gotten thumbs, up.

taxy, is habitant a brand of soup, or more of a style? i bought a can of habitant pea soup when we were up in plattsburgh this past summer. looks like yellow pea soup from the label.

taxy, is habitant a brand of soup, or more of a style? i bought a can of habitant pea soup when we were up in plattsburgh this past summer. looks like yellow pea soup from the label.
It is a brand of soup, but it is also Quebec-style yellow pea soup. LOVE IT.

It is a brand of soup, but it is also Quebec-style yellow pea soup. LOVE IT.
What CWS said. It is soup made of yellow peas, but it is soooo good. Habitant makes it with no weird chemicals and makes it well. I don't think there are any other brands of this kind of pea soup in Canada.

I forgot that I had signed up to provide hospitality - read: dinner - for the new master gardener class, along with another person. I was reminded at the last minute, so I rushed to the grocery store salad bar to buy a big box of mixed baby lettuces, another box of a variety of veggies and feta cheese, and a bottle of red wine vinaigrette to make a quick salad. My partner made crescent-wrapped sausages and seasoned pretzels. That, along with a chocolate-chip cookie, was dinner.

I forgot that I had signed up to provide hospitality - read: dinner - for the new master gardener class, along with another person. I was reminded at the last minute, so I rushed to the grocery store salad bar to buy a big box of mixed baby lettuces, another box of a variety of veggies and feta cheese, and a bottle of red wine vinaigrette to make a quick salad. My partner made crescent-wrapped sausages and seasoned pretzels. That, along with a chocolate-chip cookie, was dinner.
Good save!

Don't you hate when you forget something like that?

Back
Top Bottom