Mediterranean Marketplace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
I finally got to a store I have been wanting to check out for a long time. It is called the Mediterranean Marketplace. They advertise on Food TV so that is where I first heard of them. I had gone there a few times (it is a good 20 to 30 minutes from my house), but every time I went they were closed. There were no hours on the door or anything so it was hit or miss. When I would call the phone would just ring and ring. I could see into the store and from what I could see I really wanted to get in there. I went again today and they were open :mrgreen: . I can't wait to go back when I have more money. As soon as you walk in they have big burlap bags filled with dried beans and grains and stuff like that. I bought some French lentils for .95$ for a lb. Then they had a selection of teas, some loose and some in bags. The next isle had Asian stuff. I got some soba and some udon noodles. They also had all sorts of sauces and oils and dried stuff. The next isle was Greek. Lots of olive oils and grape leaves and spices and tons of other things. There were a few other areas too. There were cheeses and soups and a selection of wines among other things. Then behind the counter they had prepared foods. I bought some broccoli and feta pies to bring home for dinner. They were excellent. They also had some loose teas back there too so I got a little bit of some vanilla black tea. I can't wait to try it, but it might have to wait till tomorrow cause I don't think my body can handle any more caffeine today. Anyway it is a great store and I can't wait to get back there sometime soon.

Allen, as far as I know they just have the one location. It has the look and feel of a family run business. Very homey and cozy. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It is a pretty small store, but jam packed with tons of great stuff.

408 Pleasant St, Worcester. Their number if you want to call them is 508-755-0258. I think their hours are something like M-F 9-6 and Sat 9-5 closed on Sunday. I am not 100% sure about those hours, but it is close.

Yeah if you are out for a ride anyway then it is well worth the visit. There is a park not far from there (right on Rt. 9). I don't remember the name of it, but it is a real nice place to walk around in the nice weather. Make a day of it and maybe have dinner at the Sole Proprietor which is pretty close as well.

We used to ahve an italian supermarket here in hannover, but it closed down last summer..
7.gif

probably we had been tho only ones buying there...

they had an extraordinary collection of coffee and Pasta... Oils of every sort, italian cheese, antipasti and veggies alll sorts of...
we are still looking for something similar... especially where to get us coffee...

AllenMI said:
Oh, I would be in heaven with a place like that. Are they a chain, or just one location?

Allen...not sure what part of MI you inhabit but we in the "central palm' area have several bulk food stores which carry all types of Med. foods, cheeses, sauces, spices, etc. If there are any in your area check them out! Seem to be better quality and better price!

Back
Top Bottom