Menu, december 11th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
me, i may be cooking grilled cheese halves for lunch. (i'm babysitting for a 3-year old vegetarian:LOL: ).
for dinner, maybe pizza. this place i live right by has excellent pizza. that's all i eat some days, it's so delicious. i went from 97 to 104 pounds since i got my apt., tee-hee, cause of all that pizza!:-p

Last edited:
What?!?!?! I have to cook today!?!?! !#$%!!!! I just got done eating breakfast! Lunch is leftover chili. I have been making a grocery list of stuff to buy to make Buffalo Wing Dip to take to work tomorrow.... so I haven't given a minute's thought to dinner. :wacko: ugh!

It's already started. I'm trying one of those McCormick slow cooker seasoning packets on some chicken. Dish includes sliced mushrooms, two cans of stewed tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, and the seasonings package.

We'll see.

mudbug said:
It's already started. I'm trying one of those McCormick slow cooker seasoning packets on some chicken.

I grew-up eating this stuff on Chicken
img_202284_0_c582bfd68ed3a02ef8159dfc793b90b5.jpg

Loved using it when I was a working Mom...we really liked it...good stuff! Mudbug thanks for the reminder! I gotta get some this week....Craving it now:chef:

Tonite is Tacos rice and beans...
(we've had Soups all week cuz Texas froze
img_202284_1_c123987ba0ce0b8d37291f740fd5cd7a.gif
)

Like Shannon in KS......I had leftover Chili also.....kind of clean out the refrigerator lunch for everyone.

As for supper I haven't a clue right now. I have some Chicken Breasts thawing out at the moment but not a clue what I'm going to do with them though.

I may actually get to cook today, yippee!

while we still await the wingnut contractors, all who said they'd be here bright and early, I growl. It's now after the noon hour so no doubt, we're on our own today. I can finally find the kitchen (a little) and bought a Beef Brisket today. I was shopping and listening to the radio, a cooking show with the Two Hot Tamales and someone called in asking how to make an easy, no fuss, really good meal. Susan suggested a brisket. Since I'm very good at following directions:LOL: I bought one. I'll see if it was a good notion. If nothing else, I can slice it thin and make the man of my life good sandwiches, I hope!:wacko: Along with that, mashed sour creamed potatoes and brussels sprouts with cheese melted atop and crisped bacon. I treated myself to a plastic box of baby salad greens, just because I deserve it once in a while. Hot bacon dressng, sweet/sour/smokey will be the dressing. Cherry wink* cookies for desert.

TexasTamale said:
img_202364_0_c582bfd68ed3a02ef8159dfc793b90b5.jpg

(we've had Soups all week cuz Texas froze
img_202364_1_c123987ba0ce0b8d37291f740fd5cd7a.gif
)

TT, the stuff I got is not this. It's some new thing they have out now for slow cookers (I'm practicing on the weekends for workday/weekday dinners).
It's still starting to smell pretty good- I think I will make some rice to go with it.

Sorry about the weather down there.

A while back Urmaniac13 posted this recipe for pasta.
I made it last week and Paul loved it so much that we're having it again tonight for dinner. You should all try it. Quick easy and very good!!

for 2 people
about 50gs/2oz of bacon, crispily cooked and crumbled
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped or minced
1/2 onion, finely chopped or minced
extra virgine olive oil
5 ripe tomatoes, diced (if prefered, peeled) or 1 tin of peeled tomatoes(mush them up in small pieces)
salt
black pepper, or if you like it spicy, red crushed pepper
160g-200g/6-7oz of dry pasta (bucattini or spaghetti)
freshly grated parmigiano, or if available, aged pecorino romano

In a skillet sautè onion and garlic in a sufficient amount of olive oil. When they are well cooked, add the crumbled bacon and tomatoes, season with salt and pepper (or red peper). Bring to boil and cook for several minutes until the flavours are well blended and some of the extra liquid is evaporated.
Meanwhile cook the pasta al dente, and drain
Toss the tomato mixture together with the pasta, serve with plenty of freshly grated cheese.
Buon Appetito!!
1.gif

Leftovers were wonderful too!

I came home and found that PeppA had started a pot roast. I made the gravy, as I think I've finally figured out how to make a good gravy when the roasting pan is one of those HUGE turkey roasters that can't really go on a burner to deglaze the drippings.

I had a bowl of the leftover veg. soup around 4, but then the bf said that he wanted to order some chinese so I ordered an appetizer of fried tofu with sauce for later tonight.

our usual order of sashimi/sushi. sashimi deluxe, catepillar roll, rainbow roll, and a salmon skin hand roll.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom