Menu for Mon. 11/17/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are having some friends of DH over for dinner tonight. Fortunately for me, they are Anglo so I don't have to worry about my cooking skills! Am having bbq meatloaf, green chile and cheddar cheese mashed potatoes and pound cake. They are bringing a salad and wine.:)

DH is on a business road trip, and has promised to bring home some seafood gumbo from Jonah's tonight.

I have a pot roast in the oven. It's in the final stages, I just added the carrots, onions and mushrooms to cook. I'll have to make the mashed potatoes and finish up the gravy and we chow down.

We had a few different things. Cheeses, bread, salad, baked shrimp, and letting things settle for the Pavlova...
pp6qbiF.jpg

I was gone all day and had a late lunch at Cracker Barrel with my best friend. We didn't eat until well after 2, so I'm still full.

Glenn wasn't very hungry either so I fixed him some warmed up white beans and smoked turkey necks, along with a plate of mini cornbread muffins. I drank iced tea with him and we both had a sliver of the last of the cake we've been munching on.

OK Rock, give it up....you just gotta tell us about those baked shrimp!! I'm drooling!
Pretty simple, really. In escargot dishes with garlic butter, white wine, mozza, Gruyere. Just place the large ends into the wells, fill with melted garlic butter, top with cheeses and bake at 450 for about 10- 15 minutes depending

Pretty simple, really. In escargot dishes with garlic butter, white wine, mozza, Gruyere. Just place the large ends into the wells, fill with melted garlic butter, top with cheeses and bake at 450 for about 10- 15 minutes depending

Darn, wish I had some escargot dishes. The presentation is stunning, and it sounds just decadent. Beautiful job.:chef:

008.jpg

Had some of the Kai Lan
(Chinese Broccoli)
left from yesterdays excursion, so I made a stir fry
with b/s Chicken thigh meat sliced REAL thin
some Shitake mushrooms
sweet onions
a boatload of fresh garlic and ginger
a nice 'sauce' with Shoyu, broth, Mirin, Oyster sauce,
a dash of hot pepper sauce (Yucatan Habanero pepper sauce)
and Sesame oil
all atop steamed white rice and
a sprinkle of chopped green onions

S/O and I are on a night schedule. He works nights and I pitter patter arouund the house while he is at work. So we really don't get to have "dinner" together except for Fridays and Saturdays. But tonight I made black bean silders, my favorite chocolate chip cookies and bacon chicken sliders. I freeze the sliders to pull out whenever I need to throw a quick lunch together for him. :) I had a ham and cheese sandwich and a pickle for dinner.

James - I looked on your YOUTUBE and did not see this sandwich. Do you have a recipe somewhere? Looks really good.

This sandwich makes a guest appearance on my mayo video that comes out tomorrow. If it gets request I will film it.

Simple recipe for the sandwich.
Homemade mayo.

Marinade for the meat (lean thin sliced beef I used sirloin)
A little lime juice, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper marinade for 15 to 30 minutes. Quickly brown each side in a hot pan.

Mash 1 ripe avocado with a pinch of sat and some lime juice.

Sliced tomato.

Use a soft bread roll with a little bit of a crust (I used a Mexican bolillo) Here is a recipe for the bread that would normally be used. http://www.midiariodecocina.com/pan-para-sandwich/

This sandwich makes a guest appearance on my mayo video that comes out tomorrow. If it gets request I will film it.

Simple recipe for the sandwich.
Homemade mayo.

Marinade for the meat (lean thin sliced beef I used sirloin)
A little lime juice, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper marinade for 15 to 30 minutes. Quickly brown each side in a hot pan.

Mash 1 ripe avocado with a pinch of sat and some lime juice.

Sliced tomato.

Use a soft bread roll with a little bit of a crust (I used a Mexican bolillo) Here is a recipe for the bread that would normally be used. Pan para sandwich – Mi Diario de Cocina

Looks and sounds extra wonderful. Thanks for the idea! I want to make them now. I have everything but the avocado. But I can easily get a couple.

Looks and sounds extra wonderful. Thanks for the idea! I want to make them now. I have everything but the avocado. But I can easily get a couple.

It is a good sandwich. Its one of those things that each on its own is good but put them together and it is really good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom