Menu for Wednesday 9/2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight's Effort -
Roast Beef & Cheddar Roll-ups, Garlic Mash & Brown Gravy, Roasted Brussels Sprouts , Side Salad with red Wine Vinegar & EVOO...

Roast Beef & Cheese Roll-ups.jpg

So DH is not feeling well and is sleeping. Our dinner guest had to cancel due to a leaking pipe. I guess things work themselves out.

So I'm on my own tonight but I cooked for three. I'll have to behave. Lol

Turkey breast, sweet potatoes, corn, caprese salad and mead. 20200902_190956.jpg

We ate early tonight. Well, early for us. That's what happens when you're up at 6:00 AM. Yoiks!

I braised two end chops in a little beer, then finished them off with Sweet Baby Ray's Bourbon marinade. We like the marinades better than the sauce because it has less than half the sugar. Picked up more fresh corn from the farm stand on our way home from Himself's second cataract surgery. Day Two for yesterday's squash casserole and mac and cheese. Low effort, high Yum supper.

IMG_20200902_202740615_HDR.jpg

I made another batch of lentil salad, to use up those cherry and grape tomatoes, and this time I added some cut up green and Thai red beans. Beans are starting to come in big time (my early beans did not do well, so I planted more!) - soon, I'll be freezing a bunch of them.
Lentil and kamut salad, with some green and red beans added this time. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Tomorrow I'll be stocking up on my feta, at Trader Joe's - somewhere I have not been since this pandemic started, and this is the end of it in this recipe! Amazing what a long shelf life that has. I have a dentist appt right near there tomorrow, so I have an excuse to go there.

Last edited:
Wow, great looking dinners! I seriously need to get more green and other bright colors back in the menu more often.

I called out for dinner this afternoon, it was delivered around 5. Chicken enchiladas, rice and beans, and a margarita. :yum:

Quick soak black beans, cooked; mexican rice; corn on and off the cob, a tich of jarred salsa, plenty of chopped cilantro and squeegees of lime over all, and l/o sloppy joe sauce with chipps for dipping up the dregs. That's two (2) easy dinners back to back..

I may be getting off easy this week or I may be struckt by lightning. Wrapping the bed posts in tinfoil , just in case.

Back
Top Bottom