Menu planning- Shrimp Pasta Main Dish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AeroGal619

Assistant Cook
I'm hosting a small dinner party and really want to make a dish called Cajun Shrimp Orecchiette. It's a simple pasta dish with orecchiette pasta, shrimp, spinach and tomato. I can't decide what else to serve with it. Just a salad? It's so hard to serve a side dish with pasta.....

Any suggestions?

I'm hosting a small dinner party and really want to make a dish called Cajun Shrimp Orecchiette. It's a simple pasta dish with orecchiette pasta, shrimp, spinach and tomato. I can't decide what else to serve with it. Just a salad? It's so hard to serve a side dish with pasta.....

Any suggestions?

Sometimes I serve a fresh veggie platter as the first course. Thin cut carrots, filled celery, radishes, pepper/cheese stacks, raw squash with cream cheese...that type of thing.

Everyone gets their veggies ice cold and fresh before the pasta main course.

Any suggestions?

Would you post your recipe, please? It sounds really good.

another vote for a salad, but maybe fancy it up a bit.

baby mixed greens, thinly sliced red onions and bell peppers, toasted almonds, dried cranberries, and toasted goat cheese rounds.

creamy italian viniagrette or raspberry viniagrette dressing.

or, if you like brie, how about starting with an almond crusted baked brie in a pool of berry sauce (raspberry, blackberry, strawberry, etc.) with crisp toast points.

I'm guessing you want something that you can serve with the pasta dish and not as a separate course. My vote would be green beans , however you like to fix them, or maybe a garbanzo salad. You can find a lot of recipes for that either here of FN or Epicurious. That salad could go right on the plate with your pasta dish.

Have a great party.

Great suggestions all! I think I am going to just have a vinaigrette salad and some crusty bread. Here's the recipe. It's delicious, easy and pretty guilt-free!

Cajun Shrimp Orecchiette

INGREDIENTS

• 2 cups uncooked orecchiette pasta
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped shallots
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onion
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, or to taste
  • 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
  • 1 cup white wine
  • 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
  • 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
  • 1 cup baby spinach
DIRECTIONS

1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add orecchiette pasta, and cook for 9 to 11 minutes, until almost al dente; drain.
  2. Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in shallots, garlic, and green onion. Season with Cajun seasoning and pepper, and cook about 2 minutes. Mix in wine, tomatoes, and shrimp. Continue to cook and stir until shrimp are opaque. Mix in the pasta and spinach, cover, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes, until pasta is al dente and spinach has wilted.

Great suggestions all! I think I am going to just have a vinaigrette salad and some crusty bread. Here's the recipe. It's delicious, easy and pretty guilt-free!

Cajun Shrimp Orecchiette

Just a suggestion to you so that your wonderful recipe doesn't get lost in the thread as time goes by; There is a forum here for Pasta Recipes. If you post it there and then link to it here, it makes it easy to find later. Same with any recipe:

Forum for Pasta Recipes

I'd go with a spinach salad...simple dressing...and aspargus, garlic oil for the bread...for starters, maybe an antipasto platter...galetto for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom