Merry Christmas! What are you eating Monday 12/25/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Christmas meal so far, more later.

Table

christmas_table_122517_1_IMG_3557.jpg

christmas_table_122517_2_IMG_3554.jpg

Marinated mushrooms in the center bowl, around the plate working out smoked gouda, pepperoni, muenster, pepperoni, NY state white cheddar and sopressata.

christmas_apps_122517_2_IMG_3549.jpg

Black olives in center bowl, Trader Joe's brioche toasts at top, townhouse crackers at bottom, on sides Trader Joe's mini brie bites and cream cheese green olive poppers.

christmas_apps_122517_1_IMG_3548.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful, MsM!

The ham is in the car, not sure what others are bringing. Work will be fun, I got to deliver Santa socks last night.

More pictures (having problems with internet).

Greek salad

christmas_apps_122517_3_IMG_3563.jpg

Pigs in a blanket

christmas_apps_122517_4_IMG_3561.jpg

Beautiful, MsM. How many guests did you have?

After a family celebration yesterday, it was just the two of us for today. I came up with a good plan for the day.
SC bought a 5lb Prime Rib and since I like to do PR with the "no peekie roast beefy" method, after turning off the oven for the two hour "no peekie" part, we went to the movies and got back at the perfect time to serve the feast with quickly heated twice baked potatoes in the toaster oven and green beans with bacon and onion on the stove top.
Pretty darn smart, if I do say so myself.

I'll give a report on the movie thread about the flick we went to see.

We had a boneless ribeye roast I cooked with the reverse sear method. It came out perfect. Also lyonnaise potatoes, broccoli, squash and cheesecake with a choice of toppings. Also a huge pile of Christmas cookies my eldest made.

Himself shooed me out the door to join our kids at Loverly's friend's home for the Wild Game Tasting Table. Lessee if I can remember all of the courses:
Appetizers were (hotHOT!) jalepeno poppers stuffed with rabbit and some sort of cheese, or bruscetta with grilled deer tenderloin with blue cheese and a honey drizzle.
2nd course was pheasant in a mango/coconut/tequila sauce over rice with some sort of side (so much to remember!)
3rd course was Alaskan Sockeye salmon over thin spaghetti with a basil/garlic sauce. The side with this course was an Asian coleslaw/salad (the broccoli/peanut/noodle variety)
Last (maybe? I kinda remember five courses but can't quite come up with a fifth protein) was grilled smoke moose sausage on a bed of shredded Brussels sprouts/garlic. Side was potato cubes cooked on the grill in a CI pan. So, "normal" food. :LOL:

Everything was good. I had it all, except for the jalepenos. It seems like everyone who had tried them (before I had arrived) was still upset with the host for the heat level of that appetizer. That was enough warning for me.

My review? The bruscetta could have lost the blue cheese (NOT a fan) but was delicious otherwise. The pheasant tasted like mango and coconut, so I still don't know what pheasant tastes like - I'm guessing "chicken". The salmon was oilier than what I've bought in the store, but was so mild I could forgive it its greasy mouth-feel. And the moose sausage? Dee-lish-us! :yum: Then again, most anything done on a grill is.

This was the most innovative, unusual Christmas dinner I have ever been at. I wish Himself had felt better and was able to go. Knowing Himself, I be he was secretly glad he was sick and had an excuse to skip it.

My goodness, I got so caught in the events of the day, I
forgot to post about our Christmas Dinner!
(sorry, no pictures)
The last time DH and I went down to Southern AZ,
I went to the Honey Baked Ham store for a
boneless Ham, knowing that my Mother would be spending
Christmas with us! :clap:
To go along with the Ham, I made fresh Green Beans Almondine
and a baked Sweet Potato, which my Mom INSISTED was a YAM :huh:
Dessert was Christmas cookies and candies, of which we have a ton!

christmas day 2017 003.JPG
This is just our booty of candy! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom