Mexican menu starting early, for 7-24. After all, this is...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pepperhead212

Executive Chef
Tequila Day!
I made some guacamole for a late breakfast/early lunch (saved half for later), and I was going to grill something, but the humidity is oppressive, and I did enough out there yesterday, so I might work inside. I have some eggplant dried in the MW, which will go with some mushrooms and chorizo in a chipotle sauce, as a taco filling. I'll find some other interesting things to cook inside. Still haven't figured out what to do with the tequila, besides a margarita.

So what are you cooking today? Anything with tequila?

You can use tequila, lime juice and garlic, cumin if you want, as a marinade. Really great with shrimp.

Replace the rum in a mojito with tequila. Tequila sunrise. Strawberry margarita.

You are too right, it's too hot to cook outside. And this is one of my favorite margarita recipes. It's from one of Sara Moultin's cooking shows. Not sure she's on the TeeVee now a days . So it was a good thing I nabbed her recipe when I did.

2 oz Tequila
1 oz Cointreau
3/4 oz lime juice
Mix salt for glass with 3 tsp salt and 1 tsp chili powder (3:1 ratio)

She prefers them shaken and strained. I like over cracked ice.

Dinner is going to be pita breads stuffed with gyros, tzatziki, tomatoes, chopped lettuce. Chocolate cream pie with whip cream for dessert. Because it's the weekend

No tequila here. Going to do up some breaded fish filets into sandwiches with corn pudding as the side. Watermelon for dessert.

Well, we certainly have tequila!;) Thanks for the notification!

Probably will have leftovers of the johnny marzetti like dish from last night.

Air fryer parm/panko chicken breast, rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.

Ice cream later.
Ross
20200724_155601.jpg

wow.. this came out blurry.. sorry..

Last edited:
DH is playing Friday night golf with his buds, so it's my night off from cooking. I'm going to pick up takeout from a local barbecue place. Family pack of NC chopped barbecue, hush puppies, coleslaw and baked beans. Pix later.

We are just scrounging for supper. There's a number of kinds of leftovers and there's cold cuts. The headache fairy has come for a visit and decided we both needed headaches. I'm hoping it wasn't the migraine fairy.

We had takeout Cuban sandwiches for a late lunch. They were pretty big so only ate half. The other half became dinner.

I have a bunch of items to set out for an antipasto selection. Not going to be a fancy display; still have things I want to do.

...The headache fairy has come for a visit and decided we both needed headaches...
j

Feel better, taxy. Maybe you need to put a finer mesh screen in the window to keep that fairy out.

I too didn't feel like cooking, at all!
I needed to go into town for an errand, so I placed a takeout/curbside pickup from one the usual restaurants that we went to before all of this craziness.
I ordered a Sicilian Pan Pizza, basically, that's simply crushed San Marzano Tomatoes, fresh Garlic, fresh Mozz and then finished with fresh-torn Basil.

WELL!

It decided to finally cut loss with a Monsoon storm (we've been waiting for rain since the 4th of July!), from outta now where!
I had to pull off the road, it was coming down so hard and fast ... the roads were flooding and I was hydroplaning along :ermm:
Then once I got our food, it started back up and it was like a river coming down the street. I had to sit and wait, yet again.

All in all a short 1 hour trip turned into FOUR HOURS!!
This better be worth it!

That sounds delicious - thanks! I copied that for later. I almost always use Grand Marnier with my margaritas.

I made almost the same thing I made a while back - some eggplant and chorizo in chipotle sauce, but I added some cremini, that I had in the fridge. The eggplant I dried some in the microwave, and the cremini and chorizo I cooked in advance, and mixed everything to heat together after the sauce cooked down. The guacamole I ate the rest of while I was fixing everything else, and the margarita I had as dessert - I don't like drinking those kind of things when using knives! :ohmy:
Chipotle sauce, cooking down. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Mixing the cooked eggplant, cremini, and chorizo with the chipotle sauce, just to heat up. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished taco - eggplant, cremini, and chorizo, in chipotle sauce. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

K-Girl, was there any pizza left by the time you got home? I sure hope so, for your DH's sake.

Pics of The Spread and my plate. While a glass of wine would be nice, I'm waiting until I finish up my tasks.

IMG_20200724_204734640_HDR.jpgIMG_20200724_210830430_HDR.jpg

These all look wonderful! Today, I am a lump. As in sit in my easy chair and not move much. Dinner was sushi delivered. We have been watching Harry Potter movies all in order. Tonight was HP and the Half-Blood Prince. And sushi. Very nice for Friday night. :)

Hugs [emoji847]
Thank you
I have a bunch of items to set out for an antipasto selection. Not going to be a fancy display; still have things I want to do.

j

Feel better, taxy. Maybe you need to put a finer mesh screen in the window to keep that fairy out.
Thank you. Hmm, screens. We have the AC on, so all the doors and windows are shut. But, I don't know if that keeps the faeries out.

The Margaritas and ASA (Canadian for aspirin) chased away the headaches. We are still a bit light and noise sensitive.

I felt well enough later that I made some chicken salad, which was yummy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom