Middle 'o the week, Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2014 - What's cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
We're iced in and it looks like it's gonna be for a few days, so threw together a huge pot of 5-hour stew and it's making the house smell sooooo good. Have some N.Y. Times No-Knead bread and some cornmeal pan rolls to sop up the yummies. Tea to drink and the last of the blackberry cobbler for dessert.

What's on everyone else's table?

I was going to have tacos, but I'm out of Zantac :ermm:
So I'm hoping there's still a package of steaks in the freezer downstairs.

I only know it is chicken. TB is in charge of cooking for a few days and he looks like he is enjoying the task!

Made a massive pot of pasta y fagioili yesterday, but have a hankerin' for chicken today.

Steak it is! I had one FS bag of steaks left from the last strip loin I bought.
I grill a couple baked potatoes and a halved head or romaine, too.

Just pasta and sauce here. Neither of us are feeling well and that is quick and easy.

So far we're having "I don't know". I want something good, but I don't want to work. The wanting something good is winning, so I'm thinking of a one-dish meal that will contain bacon, chicken chunks, mushrooms, asparagus, and rotini. If I make this I'll cheat with the sauce and use a jar of Creamy Alfredo.

So far we're having "I don't know". I want something good, but I don't want to work. The wanting something good is winning, so I'm thinking of a one-dish meal that will contain bacon, chicken chunks, mushrooms, asparagus, and rotini. If I make this I'll cheat with the sauce and use a jar of Creamy Alfredo.

That sounds like me on mny occassions. Only it's milk, cream cheese and cheddar cheese :yum: I call it loaded mac and cheese.

I made a small pot of chili using the other half of yesterday's burrito burger mix. Also made oven baked French fries using one baking potato. For some reason, my fries don't come out as good as they might. Nicely browned but not crispy enough for me, although they are done perfect on the insides. O well. They were good with some chili spooned on top and some shredded cheddar.

A little something to go with my bread!
39817-albums888-picture5827.jpg

I had some leftover spice rub that I made for our Super Bowl ribs, so I sprinkled a bunch of it on some bone in, skin on chicken thighs and browned them up in a skillet. After removing the grease from the pan I slathered them with some Jack Daniels's barbeque sauce, and shoved them in the oven. The thighs are now sharing space with some spuds, and fresh asparagus with olive oil and Italian seasonings.

Now that looks good S&P!

We were out Monday night for Chinese food, brought the leftovers home, so doctored them up for tonight's meal.
The chicken chowmein was a little plain just chicken and noodles so I stir fried some veggies in the wok and tossed the noodles in to reheat, also grabbed some Chinese deli fried rice at the the grocery store on the way home from work and added some peas and scrambled the last of the quail eggs into it. The meal was rounded out with the leftover pork Chop Suey and boneless honey garlic pork. Not bad......the chowmein was definitely improved. ;)

Grilled cheese sandwiches here. Enough stress lately that neither of us particularly feel like cooking..

I made Kade's Asian Noodle Salad tonight. :wub: I love it and have made it a few times. I cut the recipe in half since it's just me, and omitted the hot chili sesame oil because I didn't have any. :) I threw some slivered toasted almonds on top, just because I had them and thought it would be a good way to use them up.

Rest in peace, Kades, your recipes live on. :flowers:

img_1342202_0_6557d012f9c54f0c843330a7756021a5.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom