Midnight Munchies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Cook

Master Chef
I was making myself a marmalade sandwich at 20 past midnight and I thought "I wonder what DC people do about the Midnight Munchies?". Or are you all too self-disciplined to snack late at night?

Midnight munchies, o you mean the 2nd helping of dinner, only now it's cold, so maybe a smaller serving. Ice Cream. Yogurt. Fruit. Graham crackers and a glass of milk. Peanut butter on crackers or a sandwich. Actually, any kind of sandwich. I'd prefer something sweet, but it's best if I don't keep cookies or cake in the house.

Right now, I should freeze a bowl of grapes. These are soo good eaten one at a time from the freezer, and are not calorific.

Last edited:
Midnight munchies, o you mean the 2nd helping of dinner, only now it's cold, so maybe a smaller serving. Ice Cream. Yogurt. Fruit. Graham crackers and a glass of milk. Peanut butter on crackers or a sandwich. Actually, any kind of sandwich. I'd prefer something sweet, but it's best if I don't keep cookies or cake in the house.

Right now, I should freeze a bowl of grapes. These are soo good eaten one at a time from the freezer, and are not calorific.
:LOL::LOL:Just a light snack then

Frozen grapes - now there's a good idea, especially when on a diet.

The Cubans have already covered that, the medianoche sandwich.:yum: You do even have to be Cuban to enjoy!;)

Lately it has been one or two of these.

yhst-79848675465739_2271_621127391

If I have the munchies I make Belgian Endive leaves filled with Gorgonzola dolche and toasted walnut pieces or I'll grab some salami swipe it with some cream cheese and chopped pepperoncinis roll like a cigar and eat a few of these.I really love to dip cooked shrimp In plain old mayo and snipped chives.
kadesma

I also suffer from 'Midnight Munchies'!! I am one of those people who cannot go to sleep when i am feeling peckish! I have tried just having herbal tea but that doesnt fill the gap! All I seem to find without having to whip up an entire meal and wake up the household, is a handful of raisins and almonds which seems to do the trick. However a bowl of muesli and yoghurt is filling and wont be too heavy. Does a piece of toast with hummus or peanut butter on appeal to anyone? These are 2 options I will certainly always have in the fridge.
Does anyone have any tips for when the midnight munchies occurs? Something relatively healthy and requires no or very little cooking?

I also suffer from 'Midnight Munchies'!! I am one of those people who cannot go to sleep when i am feeling peckish! I have tried just having herbal tea but that doesnt fill the gap! All I seem to find without having to whip up an entire meal and wake up the household, is a handful of raisins and almonds which seems to do the trick. However a bowl of muesli and yoghurt is filling and wont be too heavy. Does a piece of toast with hummus or peanut butter on appeal to anyone? These are 2 options I will certainly always have in the fridge.
Does anyone have any tips for when the midnight munchies occurs? Something relatively healthy and requires no or very little cooking?
If you have any dips (homemade ones can be healthy), then use them with crudités (pieces of raw vegi, e.g., celery, carrot sticks, radishes, cauliflower or broccoli florets, slices or sticks of cucumber etc. Whatever you happen to like).

Last edited:
I don't need Midnight Munchies very often since I fall asleep easily and sleep like a log once I do.

But one of those sodium laden cups of soup you just add boiling water to is quick and easy.

Chips and Hot Sauce are another option.

Hey at that time of night healthy takes a back seat.

I was making myself a marmalade sandwich at 20 past midnight and I thought "I wonder what DC people do about the Midnight Munchies?". Or are you all too self-disciplined to snack late at night?
Since we don't have slotted times for our meals, and usually having two "formal" meals and bits and bites when hungry, I had the same thought about a snack thread ~ Hence http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/what-have-you-had-for-a-snack-lately-86429.html No need to check a watch or clock - just snack!

Since we tend to eat supper about 9 or 10 PM (I swear we'll never become "morning people" again after Himself worked 4:00 PM to Midnight shift for years...) I might have a few crackers with cheese or a slice of toast with my nightly glass of wine as I wind down for the day. Almost always a glass of wine before bed. ;)

Back
Top Bottom