Monday, 1/10/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
o/~ Kentucky Fried Chicken! They do it right! o/~

It's sausage-making night, so we had KFC with coleslaw, biscuits w/ honey, and whatever it is that they call mashed taters. I really do like their coleslaw and biscuits. Plus, it was a very quick meal with very little clean-up!

As far as our food-crafts tonight, we have made 82 breakfast sausage links. Next is kielbasa. Mmmm. My first recipe post was for kielbasa and sauerkraut made in the crock-pot....to be coming on a "What's Cooking" thread soon! :chef:

I roasted a teeny little chicken and smashed potatoes. We had a big green salad and I sauteed some onions, celery, shredded cabbage and some mushrooms in some of the chicken grease. YUM.

I love KFC mashed and gravy and biscuits!!

Dinner was Beef, bean and cheese enchiladas, Mexican rice and guacamole (avocado, red onion, tomato, lime, salt and ground peppercorns) on a bed of baby spinach and tomato slices.

img_958082_0_fc78501298a406d3be02c8428e5fbce1.jpg

When I was browning up all the pork cubes for my chili verde last night I saw that I had way too much pork, so I took out about three cups of meat to do something else with it today.

I have some ideas rolling around about what to do with it today involving red and yellow bell peppers, onions, and fresh cranberries from the freezer.

Chapter 2 to follow later in the day.;)

I'm so craving desert, and I'm such a lousy baker I'll have to figure something out.

Here's the update.......chapter 2
I browned up a big sliced white onion, and added the pork cubes and half a bag of fresh whole cranberries, some soy sauce, honey and ground ginger, and some chicken broth. Simmered it to get the pork cubes tender, and added slices of red and yellow bell pepper. I served it over Jasmine rice, and had a big green salad. I will sure make this again!! DH loved it.
Didn't get around to making a desert. Just as well.:rolleyes:

Kathleen and Annie.....I also really like KFC's coleslaw!! I have a recipe that tastes exactly like it. And I do mean exactly. Let me know if you want it, and I'll post it tomorrow.;)

Here's the update.......chapter 2
I browned up a big sliced white onion, and added the pork cubes and half a bag of fresh whole cranberries, some soy sauce, honey and ground ginger, and some chicken broth. Simmered it to get the pork cubes tender, and added slices of red and yellow bell pepper. I served it over Jasmine rice, and had a big green salad. I will sure make this again!! DH loved it.
Didn't get around to making a desert. Just as well.:rolleyes:

Kathleen and Annie.....I also really like KFC's coleslaw!! I have a recipe that tastes exactly like it. And I do mean exactly. Let me know if you want it, and I'll post it tomorrow.;)

I'm not a Kathleen or an Annie but I would like to see it! :)

Black bean quesadillas with sauteed garlic, onions, red bell pepper, and mushrooms, salsa, spices, lime juice and extra sharp cheddar.

Today I'm making mashed potatoes with gravy sauce, roast chicken and maybe some white rice. My kids love mashed potatoes. They could never have enough of it. I usually like to roast the chicken in an oven bag. Easy way and turns out great. It also gives a lot of juice which I use to make the gravy.

I made a chicken and snow pea stir fry and used a sauce recipe for kung pao chicken.

Back
Top Bottom