Monday 10/20 Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
In honor of today being horror icon Bela Lugosi's birthday, I'll be making my "Chicken Hungarian Goulash" (or should that be "Ghoulash?), with garlic bread sticks, salad, & blood-red wine, of course, for dinner tonight!! :)

Picked up a virus which has sent me to my chair wrapped in my bankey. DW is making chicken soup for me in the hopes of shortening my stay at home. We need sandwich rolls but I don't have the energy to to make a batch. I hate being sick!

JoeV

I am simmering marinara sauce and will be making pasta dough in a little while. We'll have salad, garlic bread, the pasta and a red wine.

Feel better Joe.

We're having chicken... but I'm not sure how it'll be cooked yet or what sides. I'll decide all that while I"m at Safeway later today.

2 bean chili , and home made pumpernickel bread .
my own recipe for chili : ground beef,dark red kidney beans, pinto beans ground basil, ground oregano, kosher salt, medley of ground pepper, minced onion, minced roasted garlic, can of diced tomatoes, 3 tablespoons powdered tomato, 1/2 cup water . I browned the beef , drained the fat, then added all the other ingredients.

I never posted that I did my version of a cassoulet last week.
From scratch starting with dried white beans...husband who hates beans of any sort said of this [unlike comments I got about dinner last night:(] that dish was incredible. So there's hope for me yet.

The batch I made last week of a PM'd recipe for granola, was wonderful.
I had my second bowl of it just now with FF milk.
Something I must pay more attention to though is watching the baking time. This one I also let get a bit too done in there darkening it too much. Lucky for me, it's still wonderful but next time, watch the timing there Lef...

I watched a Tivo'd NL Express cooking show this morning.
She made little fried sole in panko, with a dipping sauce of dill mayo and fries.
So for our dinner tonight, it's off to the market for some sole fillets.
Also it's time to buckle down and buy some Panko.
I have refused but today is the day. Also, I suppose I'b better get over my annoyance of the high price of spuds and buy a few. I want to do oven fries. Nigella did toothpick fries or very skinny little guys. I don't want those, they fry up way too quick and easily can get ruined in seconds. More avocado in a multi talented uh, [I meant layered] salad with myer lemon vin as the dressing. Sourdough for the man of my dreams and a Cape Cod to settle his nerves when he arrives home to his lass.

I have a corned beef simmering right now, will add carrots to the pot later. Instead of adding the cabbage & potatoes to the pot as I usually do, Im going to make cabbage & noodles. I have some mashed potatoes left from the other nite, so I'll make potato croquettes, not sure what else just yet..........

I have two ham bones in the crockpot to eventually become pea soup, but that won't be for today. I am struggling between pork tenderloin or just making a pot of my old standby hamburger soup. It is cold and rainy hear and doesn't show any signs of letting up for a few days.

I had two big brisket sandwiches for lunch and a big pile of coleslaw.
If I have anything for dinner tonight it will be a nap. Maybe something later during MNF.

broccoli salad, the kind with mayo, bacon, cheddar cheese, raisins..
oven roasted potatoes
garlic bread

Today I got the last of the white potatoes out of the ground and I need to quickly use the stabbed taters...dreaming of mashed potatoes for tomorrow;)

I had high hopes this morning, now I dunno, lunch has me still full.
Quite possibly swiss steak.

Picked up a virus which has sent me to my chair wrapped in my bankey. DW is making chicken soup for me in the hopes of shortening my stay at home. We need sandwich rolls but I don't have the energy to to make a batch. I hate being sick!

JoeV

i hear you joe, i am just getting over a bout with a virus, the second in as many months. you just don't feel like doing anything. be well, soon.;)

JoeV

Feel better soon Joe. My co-worker showed up at work just as you describe - VERY sore throat, fever, wanted his banky...so I sent him packing back home. I swear my throat is already sore. :(

Dinner is Ramen Noodles!

decided on sloppy joes. spent too long crocheting and want something I can make FAST to get back to it!!
:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom