Monday, 2/20/2017, what's cooking at your place?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you.
I usually serve steamed baby spinach and/or salad with mine. I think I will make it again this weekend with fresh baby spinach (chopped, steamed and squeezed dry) in the filling. Side note the ricotta I used this time was nice and thick. I didn't need to add an egg to the filling to bind it. It was tight enough without it.

I think you'll really like it with the spinach, and I add some fresh grated nutmeg. I don't like ricotta, and cottage cheese works well. I only ruined it once by adding browned Italian sausage. As good as that sounded, for us, this dish is meant to be meatless.
Dang this low carb diet.....my mouth is watering!! :huh:

I think you'll really like it with the spinach, and I add some fresh grated nutmeg. I don't like ricotta, and cottage cheese works well. I only ruined it once by adding browned Italian sausage. As good as that sounded, for us, this dish is meant to be meatless.
Dang this low carb diet.....my mouth is watering!! :huh:
I can see how putting Italian sausage in the filling wouldn't work, but I have used my lasagna sauce recipe with stuffed shells and we love it. I use bulk Italian sausage in my lasagna sauce, not ground beef.

Your shells look delectable, msmofet :yum:

Last edited:
I can see how putting Italian sausage in the filling wouldn't work, but I have used my lasagna sauce recipe with stuffed shells and we love it. I use bulk Italian sausage in my lasagna sauce, not ground beef.

Your shells look delectable, msmofet :yum:

Thank you GG.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom