Monday 23rd April...what's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
I have a couple of T bone steaks (DH is away tomorrow night so I'm giving him some red meat for his homing instincts, lol). I was planning to serve them plain with salad, but I'm now wondering if it would be too weird to make a side of criudite and a blue cheese dip/steak sauce? Opinions please!

I've got a Thai Coconut Chicken recipe that I want to give a shot at here at home. I did it at work Friday night. The only problem will be, "Will the kids eat it or not?"

I'm probably going to do that for lunch, so no telling what's for dinner.

AllenOK said:
I've got a Thai Coconut Chicken recipe that I want to give a shot at here at home. I did it at work Friday night. The only problem will be, "Will the kids eat it or not?"

I'm probably going to do that for lunch, so no telling what's for dinner.

If they don't like it, just send it my way:-p

ronjohn55 said:
It's looking like leftovers for us. Nothing fancy.

John
Leftovers are great! :)
tonights dinner, was started from Leftover Roast pork and gravy from yeserdays dinner.
add a little rice and few peas, chop up an onion and garlic in the gravy and add the curry spices, Simple eh :)

lulu said:
I have a couple of T bone steaks (DH is away tomorrow night so I'm giving him some red meat for his homing instincts, lol). I was planning to serve them plain with salad, but I'm now wondering if it would be too weird to make a side of criudite and a blue cheese dip/steak sauce? Opinions please!

Both sound wonderful to me lulu:)

Ours is a recycled dinner too:)

All the leftover veggies made into bubble and squeak and topped with crispy bacon rashers. Lovely!

Grilled teriyaki chicken and fried rice. Can you believe it's supposed to hit 90 degrees here today?!? :ohmy: I'm going to get myself motivated here and make dinner now while the kitchen is cool and Sofie's napping so that I don't have to worry about it later. I figure that what I have planned can reheat easily.

I have leftovers from the weekend. Made a one pan pasta & sausage dish from this website friday night and have some left. Sunday did Beef short ribs & risotto with mushrooms. Not sure which to eat first.

lulu

I think the side of criudite and a blue cheese dip/steak sauce would be great. I like things that are different. Although yummy - steak and salad are so - well, steak and salad.

Just my opinion.

I'm having left over pork loin with scalloped potatoes and veg.

Linda

Thanks cookmex...it felt a bit odd, but (its 9:15 here) thats what I did...almost. I served the steak as...well, steak and put blue chees ontop of DH's, and then a second plate of crudite with balsamic which was great...very meaty and manly, but it meant I had balsamic rather than blue cheese (my preference for a couple of reasons!) and I got some red meat in front of DH and we were both happy. It just felt odd to serve just steak on a plate!

wings from quaker steak and lube probably hot and garlic and butter
yours, jake

Cooking on the grill tonight: chicken breasts, shrimp, and various vegetables on kabobs (potatoes, mushrooms, red onion, cherry tomatoes), slices of kielbasa, and pablano peppers stuffed with cheese and salsa.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom