Monday, 3/24 dinner plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This does sound interesting..I thought the soaking liquid is not used in cooking. Can I get the recipe..
thanks

I have used the soaking liquid for rice and also in place of water in some vegetarian dishes that call for beans. I usually rinse my beans first and then soak them so it is cleaner.

I have some fresh pasta from the bronx that I have to use ASAP. I will probably heat up some of my Mom's "sunday sauce" to go over it... its good to go home sometimes:).... that is something I cannot replicate.

I'm either having fajitas or Spanish Rice. Probably fajitas because I just can't decide what to serve with the rice and I'm out of chicken (except what's reserved for the fajitas) and I don't want to go to the store.

I like to have fajitas with Spanish rice on the side :)

leftover ham and potatoes and whatever else I find lurking from yesterday.

Welcome to DC...I am having an 'apps' supper--fresh shrimp (U-12's)butterflied,stuffed w/'Texas Terregon' & wrapped in bacon-fresh scallops,sauteed in Blood Orange reduction-half an avacado stuffed w/crabmeat & Oriental chili-lime aoili and of course-some deviled-eggs.

Had chicken fajitas and used your recipe GotGarlic. I always do. When I first started looking for fajita recipes I stumbled across yours and stuck to it, we all love it. Thanks. :chef:

Someone should link that post here. I tried finding the recipe but the search is pretty broad. :)

everything is off a week for some reason so tonight is corned beef brisket with veg (cabbage spuds carrots onion and swede) smells real good right now. This weekend coming up is my leg of lamb!

Elbow macaroni, spaghetti sauce, parm and motz...and chocolate Easter eggs.

I was on my own since Buck was at his regular dinner meeting.

I had a grilled cheese/ham sandwich on homemade pain de mie, potato chips and some green tomato pickles. It was a good meal and I'm "just right" full. Maybe I'll have some of my chocolate Easter bunny for dessert if I want something sweet.

My dinner will consist of restaurant food maybe or maybe a good ole Subway sandwich, all veggies, no cheese, plenty of vegetables
[/quote

lefse, i love veggie subs, 'cept mine with cheese.
i just ate nuggets; too tired fer dinner. been with flu.

luvs;572457lefse said:
Sorry, Luvs, to hear you have the flu. Hope you are better soon.

I had no plans to photograph tonight's meal as it was just ham, but DH thought it looked so nice he took a picture and convinced me to share it. I baked a small ham as it was just the two of us, and was going to do potatoes but I had the leftover rice so just did that, and steam-fried the asparagus. I made a quick glaze for the ham using pineapple chunks, a bit of the juice, some dried cranberries and demerrara sugar with a tough of cinnamon, clove and dried mustard. For a last minute add-on, I was quite pleased.

Attachments

• HamPineapple.jpg
    HamPineapple.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 164
Had chicken fajitas and used your recipe GotGarlic. I always do. When I first started looking for fajita recipes I stumbled across yours and stuck to it, we all love it. Thanks. :chef:
can you verify if the one linked here a few posts past this one of yours is the recipe you're referring to. I have a baked chicken in the freezer and thought it sounded like a good use for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom