"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-08-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
Executive Chef
 
LEFSElover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: ...lala land..............
Posts: 3,697
Monday 5/8, anyone cookin?

I'll be cooking as I am finally home. Don't know yet what it'll be but would love to see what everyone else is making and that may motivate me.

__________________
...Trials travel best when you're taking the transportation known as prayer...SLRC
LEFSElover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pdswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mazatlan
Posts: 20,334
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
sorry.. no help here. I'm cooking... but I have no idea what will be in the pan yet.
__________________
Love the life you live!
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:36 PM   #3
Executive Chef
 
Michelemarie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Suburb of Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,614
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
No help here yesterday - I did all my cooking on Saturday and Sunday - today is leftovers - stuffed shells, sausage and meatballs.
__________________
Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
 
mudbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NoVA, beyond the Beltway
Posts: 11,166
pitiful pretense at cooking tonight - Progresso "traditional New England" clam chowder doctored up with some canned clams. Maybe some real cornbread to go widdit.
__________________
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:44 PM   #5
Executive Chef
 
AllenOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,463
No idea what's for dinner here. Odds are, I'm cooking,now that I'm feeling better.
__________________
Peace, Love, and Vegetable Rights!
Eat Meat and Save the Plants!
AllenOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:02 PM   #6
Head Chef
 
Angie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Iowa!!!
Posts: 1,113
Angel hair pasta, Prego organic tomato and basil sauce with ground all natural beef, garlic cheese bread the quick way (don't have time to roast the garlic) and salad, premade from the bag.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:27 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,371
Since Ethan was hurting with an ear ache, I just pulled some frozen homemade garlic parmesan noodles from the freezer, will have those with browned butter and mitzithra cheese, some baked sesame chicken and some baked layered veggies..dessert, will be left over berry pudding with some vanilla ice cream.. what a day

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:45 PM   #8
Executive Chef
 
corazon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
Posts: 3,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Since Ethan was hurting with an ear ache, I just pulled some frozen homemade garlic parmesan noodles from the freezer, will have those with browned butter and mitzithra cheese, some baked sesame chicken and some baked layered veggies..dessert, will be left over berry pudding with some vanilla ice cream.. what a day

kadesma
put your feet up at the end of the day kadesma! You deserve it! Sorry to hear about Ethan, ear aches are the worst! Luckily, neither of our kids have had one yet, which surprizes me. dh and I both had them all through our childhood, dh had to get those tubes put in when he was a toddler. Ouch!

Kadesma, you've given me an idea for dinner! Thank you! I'll be having ravioli stuffed with spinach & cheese. I'll serve that tossed in browned butter, sauteed mushrooms, toasted pine nuts & parm reggiano.
__________________
"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children. One of these is roots, the other, wings." https://aidancallum.blogspot.com/
corazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon90
put your feet up at the end of the day kadesma! You deserve it! Sorry to hear about Ethan, ear aches are the worst! Luckily, neither of our kids have had one yet, which surprizes me. dh and I both had them all through our childhood, dh had to get those tubes put in when he was a toddler. Ouch!

Kadesma, you've given me an idea for dinner! Thank you! I'll be having ravioli stuffed with spinach & cheese. I'll serve that tossed in browned butter, sauteed mushrooms, toasted pine nuts & parm reggiano.
Sounds good Cora, I love brown butter and pine nuts yummy..Ethan has infections in both ears..Poor child was so sweet today..Hope he can sleep tonight..Eh liked the veggies that I layered and baked and ate some of the noodles and a few strawberries..Everyone else made quick work of the chicken and noodles and veggies..None left for repeats

kadesma
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:04 PM   #10
Senior Cook
 
pckouris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 169
Tonight was just an ordinary dinner, that turned out spectacularly!
I made boneless chicken breasts with Linguine with garlic, red onions and butter sauce! With toasted fresh home made bread!
Even though I was the cook, I had to give compliments to the chef! It was that tasty!
pckouris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #11
Senior Cook
 
pckouris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 169
I made for lunch tomorrow two great sandwiches.
On home made French bread, I toasted just the outside, then on the inside I put on low fat mayo with a great mustard spread. Then I added thin sliced ham. On top of that I put thinly sliced red onion, on the top of that chopped up bacon, then some slices of cheddar cheese and swiss cheese slices on top of that. All of that "open" under the broiler until the cheeses melted down into the ingredients.
Then I added the other "toasted just on the outside" top! I
I can't wait to go to work tomorrow to eat them!
pckouris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #12
Executive Chef
 
amber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: USA,Maine
Posts: 4,099
I've been on a grilling spree lately. I bought a chipotle marinade by mistake. The person in front of me in the grocery line left that in my order, so I tried it out and man it was really good on the chicken breasts! Also new potatoes, and some kabobs of red onion, mushrooms and red peppers. For lunch we had a grilled hotdog size spicy kielbasa, corn on the cob, summer squash, and a salad of cherry tomatoes, red onion, and cucs in a vinegar, oil, and sugar marinade. It's gonna rain soon so I had to get my grilling spree in fast
amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:28 PM   #13
Master Chef
 
SierraCook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sierra Valley, Northern California, USA
Posts: 5,580
Like amber I also have been on a grilling kick. Tonight I grilled two chicken breasts. One breast I seasoned with garlic pepper and the other I seasoned with lemon pepper. Then I grilled two Aidell's green chile and habanero chicken sausages. The sausages I had with steamed asparagus and cottage cheese for dinner. The lemon pepper chicken breast will be used for lunch tomorrow and the black pepper seasoned chicken breast will be used to make fajitas for dinner tomorrow night.
__________________
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Theodore Roosevelt
26th president of US (1858 - 1919)
SierraCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:28 AM   #14
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Culpeper, VA
Posts: 5,803
Husband was running late last night due to the weather + extra traffic due to yesterday's Northern VA police station shooting, so I just made a quick "breakfast for dinner" kind of meal: "Soyrizo" (Frieda company's vegetarian soy-based chorizo sausage) combined with scrambled eggs & grated cheddar cheese, served with some 9-grain bread toast.
BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:10 PM   #15
Chef Extraordinaire
 
mudbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NoVA, beyond the Beltway
Posts: 11,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking
Husband was running late last night due to the weather + extra traffic due to yesterday's Northern VA police station shooting,
Breezy, fortunately I missed all that "excitement" yesterday. My route home is right down Rt 28, which I hear was closed for hours.
__________________
Kool Aid - Think before you drink.
mudbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:14 PM   #16
Master Chef
 
texasgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: North Texas
Posts: 9,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I've been on a grilling spree lately. I bought a chipotle marinade by mistake. The person in front of me in the grocery line left that in my order, so I tried it out and man it was really good on the chicken breasts! Also new potatoes, and some kabobs of red onion, mushrooms and red peppers. For lunch we had a grilled hotdog size spicy kielbasa, corn on the cob, summer squash, and a salad of cherry tomatoes, red onion, and cucs in a vinegar, oil, and sugar marinade. It's gonna rain soon so I had to get my grilling spree in fast
Give up the name of the marinade!! I want to see if I can find it. I love chipotle stuff.
texasgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.