Monday, 6/27/16, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Muffuletta. Just shaped and started the bread dough on its second rising. Made the starter last night so it had a nice long rise on the countertop. The giardiniera was made Friday and I let it sit until yesterday afternoon, then made the olive salad. We had to taste, yummy, yummy. Dough will rise for about 2 hours. The recipe I'm using calls for a topping of salt, black pepper, olive oil drizzle after dimpling dough, then another short rise of about 30 minutes before baking. As soon as it's baked and cooled, I'll slice it, put the sandwich together and wrap to let it sit until dinnertime. Oh, I'm making a big round, using a 12" springform pan ring as my mold.

I made a two potato salad this morning!

Tonight will be a green salad, a scoop of potato salad and a burger or a brat washed down with lots and lots of iced tea, maybe a small scoop of NSA vanilla ice cream.

Not the National Security Agency vanilla ice cream, the no sugar added vanilla ice cream! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have a condo board meeting tonight so I'll be grabbing something when I get home. Grandson arrives tonight and stays until Wednesday PM so we get to have some fun this week.

It was a 10" springform ring that I used for my mold. And, I ended up using the traditional sesame seeds on top.

37240-albums1042-picture6572.jpg

Oh boy, that's a beauty Med!! I adore a good Muffuletta!! I wish you could find them on menu's around here.

We're going to hit our local Irish Pub tonight for their delicious fish and chips, for the SC and fish and salad for me. Their deep fried black and tan onion rings are to die for. Check out the menu..
http://garmanspub.com/menu/web-menu.pdf

Now the SousChef said he's going to have the Irish Cobb Salad, also an excellent choice.

Last edited:
Good looking sandwich there, medtran!

Kayelle, I had to check out the Irish Cobb salad. I'll have to remember that for next year after St. Patrick's Day.

I've had a nagging headache all day, so DH suggested we order pizza. I'm up for that. ?

Fabulous looking Muffuletta, medtran. Looks like it was definitely worth the wait. :yum:

This afternoon's dinner was another 'cold' plate on this hot SoCal desert day. Marinated asparagus, deviled egg, chilled grapes and watermelon, smoked gouda and a small slice of ham with Triscuits - and lots of iced tea with lemon wedges.

Oh boy, that's a beauty Med!! I adore a good Muffuletta!! I wish you could find them on menu's around here.

We're going to hit our local Irish Pub tonight for their delicious fish and chips, for the SC and fish and salad for me. Their deep fried black and tan onion rings are to die for. Check out the menu..
http://garmanspub.com/menu/web-menu.pdf

Now the SousChef said he's going to have the Irish Cobb Salad, also an excellent choice.

What a delicious sounding menu, Kay! I would have a mighty hard time making up my mind. :ohmy::yum:

Right now in Seattle, Costco is selling twitchy-fresh Copper River salmon for $8/lb. Eat your hearts out, America! I bought a whole one. I'm a crappy filleter, but none of it is going to waste.

So dinner tonight was hot-smoked salmon on alder planks, smoked with alder. The thermometer probe was to warn me it had reached 125F. It was goood.

Thanks Kayelle, GG and Cheryl. It was very good. Craig loved it but he'd like a bit more of the olive salad and a little wetter (olive oil) olive salad next time. He's looking forward to another one soon since I need to use up the giardiniera within the next couple of weeks.

I will probably divide up the dough and make a little loaf for later eating and a bit smaller muffuletta loaf next time. I had to cut a 1/2" or so slice out of the middle or there would have been way too much bread.

Back
Top Bottom