Monday 7/31/2017 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Thinking about smoking some chicken parts. Sides TBD later.

Still have some of Kenneth's yummy tomatoes to use up and have a little lettuce left from BLTs, so tacos it will be. Have all the necessary remaining ingredients which make tonight's meal a no-brainer. I like days like this.

I have a beef roast here so am hoping to do it on the rotisserie (if not the oven will do fine. I have invited TB's parents and brother over to join us.

I will be making a mushroom au jus, new potatoes, carrots, and salad to go with it. Dessert is fresh blueberries and ice cream!

Creamy salsa verde chicken cutlets.. Not certain of a side yet but, will have a green salad with a mex inspired dressing..

Peach cobbler for dessert..

Ross

I have some rabbit sausages thawed, so I'm planning to have those, along with a couple leftover sides that need to be used up.

I ended up making a variation of "Bangers and Mash" served over cheesy cauliflower mash, with onion/mushroom gravy. I also had some leftover cucumber tomato salad. :yum:

WYhJHVi.jpg

I ended up making a variation of "Bangers and Mash" served over cheesy cauliflower mash, with onion/mushroom gravy. I also had some leftover cucumber tomato salad. :yum:

WYhJHVi.jpg
Steve, you had me with everything...except "rabbit". Looks really good though.

I have a beef roast here so am hoping to do it on the rotisserie (if not the oven will do fine. I have invited TB's parents and brother over to join us.

I will be making a mushroom au jus, new potatoes, carrots, and salad to go with it. Dessert is fresh blueberries and ice cream!
Turns out my in-laws are out of town and we didn't know, but that is typical. They have 5 kids who live all over the place so they tell a couple and expect the news will travel! :LOL:

Anyway, my BIL was more than happy to come for a meal. The oven won out. This is the first or second time I have used it and there is no convection so I am hoping my timing is right. I threw potatoes, carrots, onions and mushrooms in with the roast. I will move them to another pan soon but wanted them to get some of that roast flavour.

Serving it with just a salad and the same blueberries and ice cream as the first menu

We split a Cornish Han spatchocked and cooked on the grill with foil packet red potatoes and fennel slices.

Steve, you had me with everything...except "rabbit". Looks really good though.

Thanks LP! I've bought those sausages a few times now. They also have pork and just a touch of ginger in them and are really quite good. They're made by D'Artagnan and sold in Hy-Vee.

Now there is another store here that sells rabbit, rattlesnake, and jalapeno sausages. I will say THOSE are a little different!

Last edited:
Thinking about smoking some chicken parts. Sides TBD later.

I smoked some chicken parts on the stovetop smoker then glazed with my Meatloaf/BBQ glaze and broiled to get a nice "bark". Served with Knorr's Creamy Chicken Noodles. No veggie tonight I just ran out of umpf.

27696-albums1087-picture7042.jpg

27696-albums1087-picture7043.jpg

27696-albums1087-picture7044.jpg

I have a chicken casserole in the oven I've never made before. How do you think it will turn out?
Bottom layer is some cooked rice
next layer is chicken breast chunks
next layer is slice crimini mushrooms
thick top layer is mayo/yogurt mixed with an equal part of Pam cheese and cut up artichoke hearts.

I have a chicken casserole in the oven I've never made before. How do you think it will turn out?
thick top layer is mayo/yogurt mixed with an equal part of Pam cheese and cut up artichoke hearts.
Sounds wonderful to me K.

We had a Capresish salad and shrimp po-boys on Brioche rolls. We're busy depleting the homemade pickles before the next batch is ready. :ohmy: Gotta make a gallon next time.

Attachments

• 20170731_212744.jpg
    20170731_212744.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 141

Thanks MsM. It turned out really well. Now I need to write it down so I can do it again! Hope this picture works.. with postimage.org.
P7310047_1.jpg

Thanks MsM. It turned out really well. Now I need to write it down so I can do it again! Hope this picture works.. with postimage.org.
P7310047_1.jpg

Looks wonderful!! I need that recipe.

Back
Top Bottom