Monday Dinner..1/29/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
What's cookin at your house?

I'm putting together cabbage rolls the easy way, in a layered casserole.
Sides to be determined.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to have garlic and Dijon baked chicken legs tonight, but those have to marinate overnight and I just got them out of the freezer. So I need to find another recipe for them. Maybe I'll do the balsamic BBQ sauce on them.

Made some ramen...

Attachments

• 27591469_10156143888389993_304553622_n.jpg
    27591469_10156143888389993_304553622_n.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 141
Looks good, Roch.

I went out to lunch today and had a pastrami sandwich at a local mom and pop place. I couldn't finish it all, so I got a to-go box and had the rest of it for dinner. :)

I am grazing tonight -- something I do a lot. I had lettuce and pico de gallo left from my steak tacos a few days ago, so I made a salad with that. I also have some fresh fruits, olives and some Italian hard salami and cheese for an impromptu antipasto. I'm snacking on some cinnamon-sugar glazed almonds right now.

CD

We had breakfast: Bit of ham steak. Omelet with shallots and mushrooms and Tillamook cheddar cheese, seasoned with Fines Herbs, topped with fresh parsley. Potato cubes fried in lard seasoned with TJ's "Everyday Seasoning".

Attachments

• 20180129_201607.jpg
    20180129_201607.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 119
We had English stew and potatoes. It was lovely and simple and well filled our tummies.

We had a bunch of leftovers to clean out, so we had a nice buffet [emoji2] DH had smothered pork chops over rice and I had one remaining meatball, along with pork ragu, over polenta. We both had more of my homemade fougasse.

We had GF burritos with salad and homemade salsa.

For the burritos I used rice tortillas I found at my grocery store. They are so much better than the ones we used to get. These are so much like flour tortillas. I just heated them in a dry skillet on both sides and they were really good.

Back
Top Bottom