Monday dinner, 3-12-2018, what's cookin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Chicken chilaquiles. No pictures because they just aren't pretty, a very rustic, kind of messy dish. Tortillas cut in strips and fried. Chicken seasoned with S, P and cumin, sauteed until done, cooled and shredded. Onions, fresh chiles (poblano or Hatch), garlic, tomatoes, and I added tomatillas tonight because we had some left over from another meal, all chopped and sauteed until done, seasoned the same as the chicken. Chicken stirred in, mixture covered with Mexican melting cheese, covered with crema, sort of a Mexican creme fraiche, covered and warmed until cheese melts. Served with the fried tortilla chips. This was one of my better ones, don't really use the recipe anymore, but I think I'll add tomatillos from now on.

This also can be a vegetarian dish, just leave out the chicken. We actually first started making this from a vegetarian Mexican cookbook.

We are putting together pizza's tonight.. The star of mine will be linquisa...
Green salad as a side for the kids...
For me, a cold Corona as a side.. ;)

Ross

We were out to see the grand kids all day. DIL made a big ol' ham in her new instant pot yesterday. She sent home some leftover ham for us. Very salty but tasty. We made fried ham and eggs and nuked corn for dinner. Dx made grape tomato halves on small green salad for us too.

Last edited:
Snowstorm forecasted for tonight and tomorrow, so sneaking in a grilled dinner while I can. Marinated steak tips on the grill, wild rice blend with bacon and mushrooms in the Zoji, roasted asparagus.

Mussel soup...

Attachments

• 29103840_10155224417882401_3465230299321860096_n.jpg
    29103840_10155224417882401_3465230299321860096_n.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 189
Tried a new recipe tonight for Tuscan Butter Shrimp from Delish. Com. It was excellent! Sautéed shrimp with spinach, basil, cherry tomatoes Park and cream. yum.

We're having a minor snow storm tonight - freezing rain with a couple inches of snow - so a warming soup is on the menu. Minestrone with a bunch of veggies, chicken thighs and a few stray slices of salami I minced for extra flavor. Served with toasted homemade bread (and a few sticks of extra carrot for me).
0312181955a.jpg
0312182006.jpg

I had bought two Uno deep dish pizzas (does that make them Pizzaria Due?) when I shopped on Saturday. Baked them up tonight. Supreme for Himself, plain cheese for me. Red wine for dessert. It was a busy day. :cool: Half of each pie is left. Might save them for Wednesday...;)

We're having a minor snow storm tonight - freezing rain with a couple inches of snow - so a warming soup is on the menu. Minestrone with a bunch of veggies, chicken thighs and a few stray slices of salami I minced for extra flavor. Served with toasted homemade bread (and a few sticks of extra carrot for me).
Minestrone is one of the soups I am making today at the deli..

I went to a little deli that I frequent by my job to make a big salad from their salad bar, and the really friendly guy behind the counter insisted I try the hummus that he jyst put out.

Apparently, it was made by his mom from chickpeas and oil that she brought back from their village in Egypt.

Allahu akbar, this stuff was DELICIOUS! Best hummus I've ever had. It was deep, nutty, and so rich.

I bought a bunch of celery sticks, baby carrots, and freshly made naan to eat with it. Or rather eat it with. :chef:

I told him that his mom was pretty great as well. He blushed and said, "No, don't say that., but yes", then he smiled as he helped another customer.

Back
Top Bottom