Monday Feb 16 Dinner Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Home made tacos. I cooked the meat all day yesterday and shredded it last night. I was going to have it last night but the pico de gallo was not fresh so I decided it was better to wait until tonight to have it when I could pick up some fresh pico. We fry the tacos and top with cilantro sour cream and pico. No cheese for me but my daughter likes it on hers.

Not sure, DH is leaving super early for work today (in three hours) and I haven't even made breakfast yet. I was thinking of just making a big brunch type meal of sausages, eggs, fresh muffins and hashbrowns.

Sounds perfect Laurie.:)
I took leftover meat from yesterday added some of the gravy and cooked til the meat coould be shredded and then put together some enchiladas. Will add some Mexican white rice, a simple salad of greens,tomatoes and avocados..baked custards for dessert.
kadesma

I got a beef roast out of the freezer and have it in the oven. Will bake some potatoes and have some asparagus with it.

Well - believe it or not - due to all the other goodies we consumed on Valentine's Day, we ended up not being able to do justice to the two large lovely lobsters I'd cooked up. Hubby ate the tail on his, but left the claws & body; I managed the claws & body of mine, but left the tail. So technically, we have one full lobster left - lol!!

With that in mind, I'm going to pick the meat from the remains today, which are now residing in the fridge, & make our very favorite leftover lobster dish - "Lobster Rolls"!!! Have the top-split hot-dog rolls, which I'll butter & toast, then line with chopped lettuce & top with the chunks of lobster lightly laced with mayo. Since I have it on hand, will probably top with a little baby arugula leaves as well. Can't wait. :)

Since I also have a little leftover Barilla Piccolini "wagon wheel" pasta in the fridge, will probably turn that into a little warm pasta salad to go with.

Oh my goodness Breezy, left over lobster? Isn't that a crime? ;) Lobster rolls sound awesome. How far is Culpepper from Charlotte, NC? Sounds really good.

Yay Panera ~ what do you like from there? My lovely DD works there so I love anyone that supports the franchise :)

Hey, Callisto :) I usually get a Pick Two of some combination of the Sierra Turkey sandwich, French onion soup or Greek salad. Right now, my hands are cold, so I'm thinking hard about the soup ;)

hmmm....I haven't decided yet....earlier I wanted poached salmon....But my wife isn't in the mood.....Im still trying to figure it out....:neutral:

Baked Taters. For toppings, I have broccoli, fried mushrooms & onions, leftover lentils and quinoa, Jalapeno Corn sauce and Avocado Dressing. That should please everyone somehow.

Grilled Bone-In Shishkin Breast...MMmm I love the smell of Hickory.
Green Beans/Cherry Tomatoes in Garlic/Olive Oil...I love the smell of gahlic...
Steamed Cabbage with a hint of Bacon drippings....I love the smell of bacon
Herb Roasted Baby Red Potatoes....I love the smell of Rosemary...
Chocolate Ice Cream .....I love the smell of Chocolate....

Grilled Bone-In Shishkin Breast...MMmm I love the smell of Hickory.
Green Beans/Cherry Tomatoes in Garlic/Olive Oil...I love the smell of gahlic...
Steamed Cabbage with a hint of Bacon drippings....I love the smell of bacon
Herb Roasted Baby Red Potatoes....I love the smell of Rosemary...
Chocolate Ice Cream .....I love the smell of Chocolate....

OK, too many smells. You're going to have to pick one :chef:

I'm having leftover braised chicken with white wine sauce and potatoes
my husband is having leftover steak bites with leftover twice baked potato casserole

I defrosted a roast turkey breast and I'm going to chop it up, saute it with some black beans and Mexican seasoning and make turkey taco salads. What I really need is a margarita....

I was going to make a beef and broccoli stir-fry, but I did not get the meat out of the freezer. So, now I am going to make chip-n-chili pie, which is layered chili, Fritos, cheddar cheese, and a mixture green chiles, green onions, and white onion. I am supposed to be making cherry dream squares for dessert, but I need to get myself off the computer to do it. Cherry Dream Squares is just cherry pie filling and a cake mix with some butter, and oatmeal mixed in.

Back
Top Bottom