Monday, March 19th, dinner anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
For me, there won't be any. No time for a formal dinner but I may do an energy/protein shake as that's all I'll have time for. But that doesn't mean you can't eat dinner.:LOL:

So lets see, who's cookin? And who's cookin what? 1...2...3...Go...:LOL:

Last edited:
I cheated and bought a frozen lasagna and tried to make it good......my poor poor cousins.....

was edible just not the best. If you cheat you get what you deserve I guess...

Chinese-style chicken chops with slices of onions, potatoes, carrots, and peas in a light gravy sauce served with plain rice. Dessert will most likely be Pumpkin Pie Squares.

I made Italian Beef last night for today's and tomorrow's lunch and dinner, and maybe even into Wednesday; it was a very large chunk of beef.

I'm thawing chicken thighs and checking over recipes right now. I have one Meyer lemon left so it may be something with a lemon cream sauce. Poor Mr HB is so tired of chicken breasts.

At least he had corned beef this weekend! :LOL:

tancowgirl2000 said:
I cheated and bought a frozen lasagna and tried to make it good

Tanis, everyone deserves to cheat sometimes!:)

I have chicken marinating in a spicy peanut sauce and will grill that and serve it over leftover steamed veggies and noodles (see, that's kind of cheating, too! :LOL: )

I just have to pass this one:LOL: Kids really do make big changes when allowed to HELP YOU!!! Yesterday was of course family day here..Cade decided he wanted to help...I was trying a sauce that needed to start with a roux, fine he got the pan, we added a cube of butter, enough flour to make a thick roux after browning the butter, then he insisted on pouring in the chicken stock, we were on our way, about this time his brother came in hung on my leg crying to be picked up, Cade hollers, mommy, come get Carson ma and I are making sauce...we then, let sauce simmer 3 hours..He goes to play, comes back when it's time and we add or he adds, a half jar of dijon mustard,half and half,and after he leaves to play a little I add some brandy. thinking, ahh he won't want to eat this.. Now, he gets hurt, so his dad lets him help bbq, the kid carries in the tri-tip, grilled bread, corn on the cob, head high, those small arms straining under the weight, a big smile on that face. We sit down his mom fixes his plate with plenty of meat, corn, bread..We all sit, he looks around and says uhhh, could I please try the potatos,Me and my Ma's sauce please..We get him some and he dunks some meat, chews, looks at me puts two thumbs up and says...love it:ROFLMAO: See, let um help they really love it, feel all grown up and put away a good sized dinner..
Now back on topic:LOL: We have left over sauce, tri-tip so it will be hot sandwiches with the sauce, some asparagus, a small fruit salad, feet up and relax...Dessert, I'll think about that later...I am still smiling over my Cade and his sauce making.

kadesma

I don't know, we have a lot of pepers in the fridge but not much else, and I am feeling a bit ropey. Maybe I should get DH to pick up a pizza?

kadesma, that is one of my favorite memories....cooking with the kids.

You write beautifully.

Half Baked said:
I'm thawing chicken thighs and checking over recipes right now. I have one Meyer lemon left so it may be something with a lemon cream sauce. Poor Mr HB is so tired of chicken breasts.

At least he had corned beef this weekend! :LOL:

You can't go wrong with chicken marsala.

I had some extra time this morning to put a plate together, so I am having rotini with Grandma LoVullo's sauce, and 2 meatballs. I would be having 1 meatball and 1 Italian sausage, but I dozed off after dinner Sunday, and my son and his wife cleaned up the kitchen for me, but while cleaning up the kitchen, MY BRAT OF A SON ATE ALL MY SAUSAGES!

I am making roasted veggie pasta primavera with whole wheat penne. And I made a strawberry cream stuffed angelfood cake for dessert.

DH has a pork tenderloin thawing, which he plans to sear, then poach in oven with chicken broth, rosemary, thyme, potatoes, carrots and brussels sprouts.

Caine that's a great suggestion. I have the Marsala...just have to run out for some mushrooms. Mmmmm. I haven't made that in forever! Thank you! :)

Half Baked said:
kadesma, that is one of my favorite memories....cooking with the kids.

You write beautifully.
Thanks Jan,
I love cooking with all the kids and I'm looking forward to teaching Olivia how to make cookies and learn the in's and out's of the kitchen.

kadesma:)

Spring Salad Blend with a Vinegrette Dressing topped with homemade garlic/herb croutons and slivers of shaved parmesan cheese

Spaghetti Carbonara

Pear Tart

Yt, what's that? I mean, I know what a weiner is, but what is weiner creole?

DH wants soup for lunch and I still don't know what's for dinner yet.

I'm thinking maybe cream of potato soup.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom