Monday, May 30 - Memorial Day (USA), What's on your table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got a crazy idea about grilling some burgers, too, so I just picked up some hamburger and kaiser rolls at the local store. So close I can almost make it there without the seat belt alarm going off ;^)
So since I'll have the grill going (again) I'll stuff some shrooms, wrap them in bacon and throw those on, too.

• Chicken smoked over peach wood (courtesy of last week's storms, sigh);
  • a chutney or pickle or 5, depending on what I find in the fridge;
  • first fresh corn of the year, parboiled, then finished on the grill;
  • hot potato salad, which does not involve Italian dressing, LOL;
  • local strawberries;
  • a deconstructed tossed salad from the garden: the kids will eat a ton of it as long as they can do it a whole radish, a carrot stick, a stack of baby lettuce leaves, rolled up at a time - think "serve yourself salad sushi";
  • the last bag of last year's blackberries, converted to a deep dish pie, with whipped cream

Crunchy potatoes?
I'm a potato fiend, what are crunchy potatoes?

Sounds like a nice simple marinade. I can almost taste it.

Oh crunchy potatoes are kind of thin cut potatoes and I layer them in a pan with onions and cook until its brown and crunchy and then flip and do the same.

And the marinade was good and I didnt go to the store today, so I used what I had lol

Looks like it will be grilled stuffed blue cheese shroom burger for me. Maybe Swiss shroom burger for DH served on homemade buns ( those store bought hotdog buns we had last night were ghastly!!!) We will also finish the macaroni salad and beans from last night. DH never got around to making his rhubarb crisp yesterday(he spent all day in the shop, working on putting his collector car back together after it's new paint job) ;-). I may make a preemptive strike and do something with Rhubarb for dessert myself. :). If the burger turns out well, I will post it on the favorite burger thread.

Amanda.... Those " crunchy potatoes" sound yummy!

Last edited:
Oh crunchy potatoes are kind of thin cut potatoes and I layer them in a pan with onions and cook until its brown and crunchy and then flip and do the same.

Oh, OK, I've made those a couple times :angel:

I'm making shroom and swiss burgers, too, with onions. Fortunately I can purchase good buns at my nearest store.

pacanis said:
I'm making shroom and swiss burgers, too, with onions. Fortunately I can purchase good buns at my nearest store.

Yes, I read your earlier post about being able to drive to the store before the seat belt alarm sounds! I can do that too, stores about 2.5 blocks down the hill but, the in-store bakery sucks :-(
I bet your burger(s) will be great you always show such great looking food!

Yes, I read your earlier post about being able to drive to the store before the seat belt alarm sounds! I can do that too, stores about 2.5 blocks down the hill but, the in-store bakery sucks :-(
I bet your burger(s) will be great you always show such great looking food!

Gotta love a nearby store for impulse eating :chef:

Attachments

• burgers.jpg
    burgers.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 161
Better late than never! The menu changed slightly, I read an earlier post where someone was having the first corn on the cob of the season, so when I saw it on sale at the grocery store 3/$1 I decided to 86 the beans and have corn with our burgers instead. It was a good move the corn was really sweet and very good! We were too full for dessert and the crisp never got made anyway ;-)

This burger was super, the first bite yielded an explosion of creamy gooey blue cheese! Very Yumalicious! The homemade bun was really good too.

Attachments

• image-3229036721.jpg
    image-3229036721.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 170
  • image-1427752276.jpg
    image-1427752276.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Thanks.

Great looking picnic fare, Bunny. I had some corn earlier in the week, from Mexico I think, and it was delicious.

Back
Top Bottom