Monday Monday, So Good To Me: 4/14/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Love that song, Rock! :)

I'm making garlic knots for the first time in ages. I made the dough in the bread maker and now they're rising in the microwave. I'll also make rotini with a no-cook pasta sauce - a can of diced tomatoes, a clove of garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil and fresh diced Roma tomatoes whizzed with the boat motor, then combined with the rotini. I may also make a green salad to go alongside.

les moules

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 228
Are you looking out for my healthy eating habits?

Tossed salad.

Not at all :) I've noticed that people tend to include a main dish and a starch/carb in the dinner thread but often don't mention a veg. So I'm just curious to know whether people typically have a veg and which ones they have with which mains. Call it OCD ;) I want to know the whole menu :yum:

Not at all :) I've noticed that people tend to include a main dish and a starch/carb in the dinner thread but often don't mention a veg. So I'm just curious to know whether people typically have a veg and which ones they have with which mains. Call it OCD ;) I want to know the whole menu :yum:

Soooo... do you want to know all the veggies in my stew? :LOL:
(just joshin') ;)

In that case, in the interests of full disclosure, I'll also be having a tall iced glass of Schweppes ginger ale.

Later on, I'm going to have a piece of red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and a glass of milk.

We had leftover chicken and salmon with Greek Salad.

I am planning an avocado and sprout sandwich for after my pool walking. :)

I had leftover palek paneer with brown basmati rice and a poached egg on top for breakfast. I'm finally getting hungry--big tossed salad using Romaine lettuce, avocado, strawberries, green onion, cucumber and some greek yogurt ranch dressing (still have some of the ranch dressing "powder" I made in the winter in a jar in the cupboard) (I'll have to add some of the whey back in to make it thin enough for dressing). No starch, no protein other than the yogurt.

I like Planned overs. You can correct the balance if needed. Baked rigatoni with more cheese please, green salad and garlic toast. Glass of milk.

A cuppa herb tea later this evening.

Everyone's dinners sound so good tonight. :yum:

I went out for a big lunch today, so for dinner I just picked through the fridge and ended up with a tuna melt on rye.

We had dinner salads tonight. Yes there is lettuce (mostly romaine, with a bit of iceberg for crunch) under all the veggies and proteins. I made cheese garlic bread as a side. Yup, the ends are burnt. I looked in the oven and everything was white, and then a minute later it wasn't!

Attachments

• 2014-04-14 21.04.16.jpg
    2014-04-14 21.04.16.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
... I made a green salad with a balsamic vinaigrette (now I remember why I don't usually use balsamic vinegar in vinaigrette, it makes it a funny, dark colour)..
I have two balsamics in my pantry, the regular one and a white balsamic. The white is a little smoother, and it's my go-to when I want the flavor but not the color. I get mine at Trader Joe's but I've seen it elsewhere...for more money, of course. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom