Monday Munchies - What's for dinner 10/14/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I've made GG's minestrone in case no one wants leftover turkey dinner. I'm off to work tonight so I'll probably create reruns there too.

We just got back from a late lunch/early dinner at Bahama Breeze. We filled up on half price appetizers and it's Rumtoberfest too so we had a drink or two as well.

Dinner may be chocolate cake and ice cream.

I added double-podded broad beans and peas to the remains of the Pork Goulash that I made yesterday and served with garlic and herb mash for my brother. (Though I just had boiled new potatoes myself).

In keeping with the leftover theme I'll heat some pork slices in gravy and put those over sturdy noodles. Making beets plus sauteed baby snap peas and fresh carrot discs. Salad.

We just got back from a late lunch/early dinner at Bahama Breeze.....
Where around MA is there a Bahama Breeze Andy? We've eaten at them in VA and Orlando and like there food, as far as chain restaurants go. There have a couple back i OH but that's a little far for dinner Didn't know of any around here.

A repeat that can't be beat. I popped a new squash in the oven and when it's about done, a third of a rack of ribs is going in to warm up.

Not enough leftovers here since we ate out most of the weekend. I have mushroom Swiss chicken in the oven. I think I'll add some mashed taters and green beans to the meal.

Both of us had our quarterly visit to the rheumatologist and then had a late lunch, so tonight's supper was light.

We had chicken piccata, couscous, tumbled tomatoes, iced tea and butter pecan rum cake for dessert. Plenty.

I has GG's Minestrone for lunch over mashed taters. So tonight I had a bowl of Shredded Wheat.

I'm doing well with eating my main meal at lunch and light for dinner. Sleeping better, too.

Pork loin chops browned in a pan, pan deglazed with some white wine, then reduced to thicken, added a dollup of spicy apple butter to make a glaze. Served with steamed broccoli and corn.

Love the sound of that sauce, pac.

We had leftover meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, with a green salad.

I'm pretty sure you meant BC on this one. Even though is sounds like it could be one of my meals :yum:

We had Thanksgiving dinner. Not quite traditional, but it was roasted bird. It was whole roasted masala chicken (BBC - Food - Recipes : Whole roasted masala chicken and potatoes), brown basmati rice, and vegetable korma (from Tasty Bite), accompanied by mango chutney and white wine.

20131014_225303.jpg

xmyeFKCeEjklouUS8arLl9si3vcF_KkRTNc4KESkA1s=w446-h481-no

20131014_225825.jpg

Looks like one of you likes the "over fence". My Great Aunt loved the tail, told everyone they had to leave it for her. No worry, we didn't want it anyway?

Back
Top Bottom