Monday the 9th dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salt and pepper

Executive Chef
Sushi tuna roll....

39817-albums1064-picture8467.jpg
[/IMG]

Ross, we did plan. And it's still waffles and bacon. No apple pie tho. Probably ice cream with Hershey's chocolate syrup later.

Grilled Ham Steak , Mustard Sauce, Fried Potato Dice, Baked BBQ Spanish Onion, Stinky Beans, and the Salad....

Ham Steak, Grilled.jpg

We had liver and onions with mashed potatoes and apple sauce from the local café. It was beef's liver. I definitely prefer calves liver plus it needed more onions. The mashed potatoes were good. The apple sauce was canned. Pie for dessert. The pie looked amazing. The reality did not match. Still, not a bad dinner.

Today's kitchen update: Cabinets and stove were removed. Everything was striped to the bare walls. The ugly laminate that I vowed to replace 30 years ago is gone! Tomorrow wiring and electric will be started.

Attachments

• 2020-11-09.jpg
    2020-11-09.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 78
I had a simple plan for supper. Then, the landscapers made horrible noise with leaf blowers and I think that's what triggered a migraine. DH had a sugar crash, so there was no hope of anyone cooking anything. We ordered from a new-to-us TexMex resto. I like that, when it's a flour tortilla, they offer the choice of "regular" or "whole wheat". I had a burrito with beef and a bunch of other stuff. It was a sort of build your own thing. It was really tasty. DH had quesadillas and said they were good too. Not spectacular food, but not expensive and it was tasty. It's a nice option when we can't manage to cook.

We headed to an outdoor, open air mall to window shop as a means of exercise, then headed to Bahama Breeze's huge deck for an outdoor supper of tapas and a drink apiece. In spite of the FL governor's fully open/mask optional policy, all businesses seem set up for social distancing, reduced capacity, and most everyone is wearing masks.

Back
Top Bottom