Monday, who's cooking 8/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning everyone:chef:

We finally got lots of rain yesterday and my lawn already looks better.

Dinner tonight will be chicken pieces on the bone marinated in Soy Vay terriyaki sauce with sides of rice pilaf, and sautted zucchini from the garden.

Enjoy the day:)

We got so much rain yesterday I thought I would have to build an ark!! We have rain in the forecast few for the week. Drizzling now. The T-storms were bad last night but I am glad we didn't lose power for 3 days like the last time!!

Dinner tonight will probably be smoked ham steak with greens or spinach and potatoes or with eggs.

Babby Back Ribs with a sweet and spicy BBQ sauce, potato salad made with yukon golds and coleslaw.

Burritos tonight, with chorizo, chopped onion, frijoles, salsa, jalapeno, cumin, chili powder, a little oregano and cheddar, with sliced avocado on the side.

SO had dinner with "the girls" so I had a pan roasted duck breast (SO dislikes duck), rice pilaf and sliced garden tomato.

A feast tonight......

Bacon wrapped Fillet Mignon in my iron skillet...set them aside to rest, then saute' quartered white mushrooms in the pan with butter, and deglazed with Medeira wine. I added little bits of butter, and it was silky and gorgeous served on top of the steaks. Baked potato with all the fixins, and a salad of red leaf lettuce, sliced white onion, avocado, home grown matters, pickled beets completed the feast. Husband raved over how good it all was.
Love when that happens. :)

A feast tonight......

Bacon wrapped Fillet Mignon in my iron skillet...set them aside to rest, then saute' quartered white mushrooms in the pan with butter, and deglazed with Medeira wine. I added little bits of butter, and it was silky and gorgeous served on top of the steaks. Baked potato with all the fixins, and a salad of red leaf lettuce, sliced white onion, avocado, home grown matters, pickled beets completed the feast. Husband raved over how good it all was.
Love when that happens. :)
You too fancy!!! We had beer-braised sauerkraut and "Opa's brand" bratwurst (from Fredericksburg, TX). I also made some German-style potato salad as a side--and, um, no, I am not German at all! We used onion rolls and a spectacular hot German mustard from Schilo's Delicatessen in San Antonio (424 E. Commerce St., downtown San Antonio, TX).

Right now most meals feature tomatoes in some form. It is now 3 a.m., but last night it was chopped tomatoes, spaghetti, olive oil, a cayenne, and fresh basil. Got to use the garden while we have it!

Back
Top Bottom