Monday's din din - October 18 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Roasted Beets with Yogurt Sauce
img_928180_0_1b3fb0a920defcab00aa524d54d109f9.jpg

Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Soup with Chicken and a grilled cheese sandwich
img_928180_1_096182ca9d7744d3897610af6549cc0c.jpg

Me and the hubster are ill, so mostly scounge. But, I am making some corned beef soup. The broth was in the freezer, I still have some of the corned beef to chop up and I'll add some chopped carrot, chopped celery, and thinly sliced cabbage. It's heating with the barley right now.

We are having creamy basil tomato soup, a paninni with cheddar,tomato sliced and wedged inside, beet salad and yogurt salad.That's all folks
kades:LOL:

I was going to have Cajun Chicken Breast, Baked Sweet Potato and Brussels Sprouts, but I got involved in putting together my new stool for my counter top table and time got away from me. So now I am going to have a sandwich and call it at night.

Tonight we had shell pasta with tons of sauteed garlic, black olives, tuna, canned Tuscan tomatoes, white wine, basil, oregano, mint, red pepper flakes, etc. Served with Parmigiano Reggiano.

Garlic & Basil Linguine topped with homemade mushroom sauce (fresh garlic, onion & sliced mushrooms, ground dry porcini mushrooms, thyme, rosemary, sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, chopped fresh basil & oregano sautéed in chili pepper infused EVOO then plain tomato sauce & burgundy wine added) & fresh grated Romano & Parmesan cheeses and salad.

img_928220_0_5acca1d47b7b87c0b46962d7e979954e.jpg

I just sent it to you. I didn't realize until I was typing it up that it calls for boneless thighs. I will try to adapt it for bone-in thighs, since they will have to cook longer.

:)Barbara
Rather than cook the chicken on top of the stove, I cooked it in the oven, with the skin on (to keep it moist). Then I removed the skin and finished the dish on top of the stove.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom