Monday's dinner 11 July, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight, I made a third recipe from Clean Eating magazine. I was really looking forward to the recipe: Papaya and pork over cous cous. It looked and sounded great....but it was not so good.

The pork was flavorful. It was cooked in a bit of olive oil, garlic, ginger, lite soy sauce, and spritzed with a healthy dose of lime juice after it was done. The couscous was okay. I mean...it's cous cous. I think the trouble was the papaya, which was pretty dry and not so sweet.

I saved the papaya seeds according to the recipe and added it to the dish. The seeds were a bit peppery, and I think it would have been nice had the papaya been sweeter and juicy.

Not sure what I could have done to salvage the papaya as all was cooking when the dryness was discovered.

SO, on this recipe, I have to say pass. :ermm:

I do have high hopes for dessert. Blackberry cobbler.

Shawarma with shish taouk chicken. Couldn't get the right bread so, I will have to go with Naan. White bean with lemon and garlic salad. And will do up some Lebanese garlic sauce, thanks to a poster last week for the inspiration.

Never went with Shawarma. The others ate the naan bread and I just heaped the ingredients on and shovelled it in....

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 206
Last edited by a moderator:
Shawarma with shish taouk chicken. Couldn't get the right bread so, I will have to go with Naan. White bean with lemon and garlic salad. And will do up some Lebanese garlic sauce, thanks to a poster last week for the inspiration.

Never went with Shawarma. The others ate the naan bread and I just heaped the ingredients on and shovelled it in....

That looks fabulous. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dinner tonight at our house will be tortellini with pesto, sliced grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and crumbled feta cheese .. Easy dinner on a hot summer night.

bean recipe please!!
One can of white kidney beans, well rinsed
2 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Radishes, sliced
2 Green onions, sliced
Grape or cherry tomatoes, handful
Juice of half a lemon
Zest from that half of lemon
Olive oil, a good glug
Rosemary
Parsley, lots of chopped fresh stuff
Black Pepper, fresh coarse ground(if possible)
Salt, to taste
Mix all ingredients and let marinate in the fridge for a few hours. Stir occasionally to get everything well blended/

Last edited:
will have to get supplies but will certainly make. decided instead of breakfast tonight will make the crab tarts posted here. late lunch, don't need a full blown meal. rocklobster everything in recipe sounds great except radishes. they don't like me. thanks,
babe

will have to get supplies but will certainly make. decided instead of breakfast tonight will make the crab tarts posted here. late lunch, don't need a full blown meal. rocklobster everything in recipe sounds great except radishes. they don't like me. thanks,
babe
The radishes certainly aren't essential. They just happened to be in the fridge when I went foraging......

I'll be burping up hot dogs for a while :LOL:

Attachments

• hot dog dinner.jpg
    hot dog dinner.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 146
The hotdogs look fabulous too. In fact, everything looks good but also made my tummy growl which means...dinner was not sufficient. So...dinner, take two:

Royal Farms fried chicken thighs with yummy fried green tomatoes.

Blackberry cobbler for dessert. :pig:

I made a pasta bowl of Garden Salad. Now I am stuffed. I know I will get hungry again in a a couple hours. I will have a Turkey Sandwich then.

Grilled tuna steak, breaded and fried sliced zucchini and yellow squash, wilted cucumbers, iced tea and coconut chess pie for dessert.
Except for the cucumbers, this sounds so good!

One time I rubbed some Liquid Smoke on some tuna steaks and cooked them in the oven, and you almost wouldn't have been able to tell them from beef steaks!

Back
Top Bottom