Monday's Dinner - 12/20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Breaded Scallops (In the Fryer about 45 seconds longer than I would have liked)
Tartar Sauce, Sweet Potato Fries, Steamed Cauliflower under a Cheddar Blanket,
Creamy Slaw...

Scallops, Breaded 12-20-21.jpg

We had our Solstice supper tonight, because it is the eve of the Solstice, which is in the morning tomorrow, the 21st. If it were in the afternoon, we would have it the same day.

Anyhoo, we made rødkål and pickled beets on the weekend to have for this supper (and later). It's kind of traditional for a Danish Yule supper. We also had traditional pork, but not cooked the traditional way for Yule. It was a pork tenderloin, butterflied; spread with pesto and chopped fresh rosemary; and then rolled up; tied up; browned; and braised in some vegi stock. I used the braising liquid to make gravy, which turned out really good. I also baked some potatoes to go with that. Sour cream and chives to go with the taters. The wine was red Toro Loco. The wine, red cabbage, and pickled beets were shades of the same colour.

Solstice 2021 supper, pork tenderloin fiiled with pesto and rosemary, rødkål, pickled beets, bak.jpg

Sliced up stuff, pork tenderloin

Solstice 2021 supper - rolled pork tenderloin with pesto and rosemary.jpg

Solstice 2021 supper, Linda's plate.jpg Solstice 2021 supper, Stirling's plate.jpg

Running errands tires me out so, we stopped for subs.

Meatball marinara for me, blt for Jeannie.

Ice cream while watching Netflix before bed time.

Ross

CT Scan at 3:30 pm yesterday, so a liquid diet all day. Others raided the fridge for what they could find. Me, I had a coffee, 2 slices rye bread with butter, water, juice, a tangerine and red & green festive jelly beans (a very large amount :yum:). Loved it.

CT Scan at 3:30 pm yesterday, so a liquid diet all day. Others raided the fridge for what they could find. Me, I had a coffee, 2 slices rye bread with butter, water, juice, a tangerine and red & green festive jelly beans (a very large amount :yum:). Loved it.

That's a lot of stuff to put on slices of bread. :ermm::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ross

Back
Top Bottom