Monday's Dinner - 5-23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Red Meat Sunday on Monday !
No need to cook yesterday....
so, the Filet I had defrosted needed to be used ,,,,,,,,,,

Filet Mignon on a bed of Sweet Peppers & Onions,
Parsley-ed Creamers, Boiled Carrots...

Filet Mignon, 5-23-22.jpg

Looks great, LT! We may do steak tomorrow. Tonight, I'm thinking Pork Chops & Rice. A favorite around here, and leaves some to share with MIL or just make a freezer meal for future use. Pictures later, if I remember. ;)

Baked extra chicken yesterday so... shredded chicken and gravy on fried mash potato patties, salad with sliced cukes, olives, and tomatoes

We had steak too. I bought a striploin and browned it on the outside. Then I cut it into strips and browned them. This is the compromise that works for us. I like my steak rare, no more than medium rare. DH likes his steak well done, no less than all the pink gone. I can enjoy the more cooked steak when it's thin pieces with lots of browning. I made a cream sauce to go with that. There were also fingerling potatoes, and a salad with homemade vinaigrette. We also put some very creamy blue cheese on the steak strips. That was really tasty.

Striploin in cream sauce, garnished with blue cheese, fingerling potatoes, salad.jpg Striploin in cream sauce, garnished with blue cheese, fingerling potatoes, and salad.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom