Monday's Dinner 8/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
From the Grill;
Ham Steak, Dijon Aioli,

Sweet Potato Rounds,
Jalapeno Corn ...

Ham Steak, Grilled 8-1-22.jpg

I did an Aldi run today. Their prices sure have jumped in the last month! Anyway, on the way home I can route myself right past our new favorite pizza shop. Instead of one large to share, I ordered two different smalls to... share. We got a Hawaiian pizza with ham and pineapple, and a chicken and broccoli with white sauce. Both very tasty. Enough left for another meal.

I was going to try out a variation of a Danish recipe that calls for ground pork. I made a salad and prepped everything and then I opened the thawed package of ground pork. It didn't smell off, but it didn't smell right. It was probably freezer burned. So, DH went down into the basement and found me another package of ground pork in the freezer. I stuck it in some cold water to thaw. When I pulled it out of the cold water bath, I could see liquid fountaining out of a tiny hole. I cautiously cut it open, and yeah, the same, unpleasant smell as the first package. I was pooped and there wasn't any other meat thawed, so I made a French omelet. I use the minced garlic and chopped onion that were already prepped. I usually just use thinly sliced scallions or red onion if I don't have scallions. I put that in raw. This time, I sweated the onion and garlic before pouring the egg mix onto the frying pan. I also added some crumbled Feta. I nuked the leftover Greek, roast potatoes and rice pilaf to go with that. It was good enough that we both ate too much.

French omelet, salad, and leftover rice pilaf and roast potatoes 2.jpg French omelet, salad, and leftover rice pilaf and roast potatoes.jpg

Minestrone, with bread sticks baked and coated with tofu lemon garlic sauce. I baked whole wheat and sweet potato bread, what we usually eat, in hamburger bun shapes.

Looks and sounds good everyone, and great save there taxy!!

I was pretty busy today and just have had the meanest onos (Hawaii speak for I sure want to eat ...) Cold Somen Salad!!!

IMG_1930.jpg

This noodle salad has it's origin in Japan, but has ramped it's self up in Hawaii.
Very refreshing, tasty, filling and ONO (that's delicious in Hawaiian)!!

I had the Crispy oven-fried chicken, I just posted a little while ago, with the butter-honey glazed carrots, and left over sweet corn with yellow baby bells mixed in. It tasted nice, though I'm a guy who likes strong flavors. Another half tsp. of the seasonings would have suited me better.

My favorite part of the meal; why the watermellon, cold and juicy from the fridge. Can you tell that I love watermellon?

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Attachments

• 20220801_210103.jpg
    20220801_210103.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220801_203439.jpg
    20220801_203439.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220801_203421.jpg
    20220801_203421.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Fried chicken strips, mashed potatoes, corn, and Trader Joe's vegetable bird's nests.

fried_chicken_nests_080122_img_9879-jpg.51693

Hey msm, never mind. I found your post in the TJ's thread when I opened up the laptop.

Now I want to do a TJ's run. Too danged hot to be bringing frozen stuff home even with a cooler - it's about 25 miles to TJ's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom