Monday's Dinner - Nov 10th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For Sattie.....
I didn't put my boots back on, but snapped a pic off the back porch and one out the front winder..... very bleak here today. I'll post them in the weather thread as soon as I find it.
I know one thing, I should have saved some of that chili (I've been making) for today.

I saw the pic... and thank you.... yes, I expected you to go tromping around in the snow! See, we Texan folks don't get to see much of that so we have to enjoy it trough kind souls like yourself!!!! It looks really pretty tho!!!

I saw the pic... and thank you.... yes, I expected you to go tromping around in the snow! See, we Texan folks don't get to see much of that so we have to enjoy it trough kind souls like yourself!!!! It looks really pretty tho!!!

Like I said, I didn't want to put my boots back on..... not just yet anyway.
I forgot that's the only footwear you "Texan folks" wear.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

It's 10:26am and I am in shock that there are 25 replies already, sheesh, are y'all just hungry?

I caught up on some recorded cooking shows this morning. Loved watching Mark Bittman and the pork/pig show. Entertaining and great sounding recipes.

Change of plans for dinner entree:
"Get out the way Pot Roast"

I just perused the internet as I had a frozen 7 blade chuck in the freezer and didn't have any pork chops.
Reading the recipes online as well as listening to television while reading, I put [too] many recipes together and heard a misspoken phrase on the tellie.
A common blunder that I know at least one person in here will cringe while reading. If it turns out delicious, I'll post it tomorrow.

Typical Mexican salad of jicima, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, papaya, mango, red onion sliced thin, sea salt and pepper grinds.
And to throw my husband into a happy man, lefse via Queen Guens recipe. My girlfriend just presented me with some specialty butter, we'll use that over our lefse.
I bought my doll 4 flavors of ice cream so dessert will be that for years.:-p

Attachments

• Lefse_Recipe_Image.jpg
    Lefse_Recipe_Image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 108
  • butter.jpg
    butter.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 109
I know you did it off the back porch, that is ok!!! Still got a pretty shot anyhow! Heck, I don't even own a pair of boots... just sneakers for me!

I'm making a Beef pot pie tonight. Even though we are seeing the sun for the first time in days it's still chilly. To anyone that had snow, please keep it! I'm not ready yet! :LOL:

Going out to the Cheesecake Factory. Not sure what entree to get.

Cheesecake factory is always fun. I skip the entree, share an appetizer then my friend and I split three desserts!

For dinner here, I am going to make a chop suey type dish with crunchy noodles. Still have some spice cake left for whoever wants to eat dessert.

Same as Sunday night... Leftovers!!! yummy.. it will be even better the second time around.

Pork roast!!!

I made a recipe I saw on Every Day Foods - chicken cutlets stuffed with goat cheese and arugula. YUM. I also roasted asparagus and fixed a steamed rice/mushroom side.

Took two nice catfish fillets out of the freezer. Not sure what I'm going to do with them. Haven't decided what to have with either. I'll just let things take their course when I get into the kitchen.

Ohhh I'll swap my potpie for some catfish anyday of the week!

I'm trying out one of the spice blends we bought in Vermont in September. I sprinkled chicken breasts with Maple Pepper w/Garlic blend and have them in the oven now. I will cook some jasmine rice and some Brussels sprouts to go with them.

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom