Monday's Dinner - Nov 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Alright alright alright!!!! What is on the stove, in the oven, or on the grill for today folks???

I haven't cooked for ages and finally have the time again so tonight I'm making a Cajun Gumbo - don't have all the ingredients so I'm substituting quite a bit - not sure whether anyone has ever made gumbo with asparagus before :)

I'm just relieved to see someone is having dinner tonight! :-p When it comes to gumbo.... anything goes. I remember my dad making it and putting stuff in there that made you go "huh"? Have fun with the gumbo... I'm still undecided... maybe leftovers.... maybe now is the time to try out my pressure cooker! :ermm:

I'll be grilling steaks and potatoes tonight that I didn't do yesterday. I think I'll also make some abts from the jalapenos I last picked from the garden. They're hot ones.

Barb

I am thinking red beans and rice.
But my dear wife might object, so who knows?
(She's not as big a bean fan as I am a fan.)

Hey sattie, you're starting early this morning! I'm doing some pork steaks. I have them in the fridge now and will brine them when I get home from work. The rest of the family is haggling over how they will get done. Its nice out today so I'm going to push for tossing them on the BBQ and then having a nice caesar salad and some baked potatoes to go with. Who knows what they will eventually vote though!

I am thinking red beans and rice.
But my dear wife might object, so who knows?
(She's not as big a bean fan as I am a fan.)

I'm giggling to myself about this. Is it that she doesn't like to EAT the beans or that she dislikes the after effects of the beans either on herself or on you?

Hey sattie, you're starting early this morning!

Yea, sorry about that... I'm stuck covering the 8am call for my work this week. So I am up earlier than normal and did not even realize!

Meh! No need to be sorry. I like it when this thread starts early, I usually need some inspiration. For once, I actually have a plan. LOL. (PS, early shifts SUCK!)

Last time to cook before vacation!

Greek pork chops
pasta with feta
Greek salad with feta and olives
and rice with barr berries ( Persain Dish wrong country but hey, we love it!)

It thinks you are screaming or talking in a really loud voice. Loud talking is prohibited, 2 demerits for getoutamykitchen!

I'm sooo joking!!!!

I have chicken breasts marinating in buttermilk and have washed and cleaned up the cauliflower, but beyond that I don't know. I don't even know how I'll do each of them yet. If anyone has ideas, I'd be happy to know them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom