Monday's Dinner Thread - 10/4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fried chicken, deli potato salad and deli macaroni salad.

fried_chicken_100421_2_IMG_8745.jpg

Maybe 15-20 years ago when I was in better shape, SO and I shoveled out an elderly couple's cars after a big snowstorm.

They were a very nice couple and to say "Thank You" she brought us some homemade spanakopita (they were a Greek couple). It was delicious so I asked her for the recipe. We have been making it ever since.

I think my mom's egg and lemon soup is a natural to go with the spanakopita so I made some for tonight's dinner.

61D2BC72-A77D-42F9-85F1-55CC35F2B94A_1_105_c.jpg

Last edited:
We made it home at 3:15, unloaded that that needs to be unloaded, I've sorted the laundry, answered emails, got the USPS mail and found MOST OF IT MISSING!!, went online to complain about that, caught up on emails...and now, I've picked out mac & cheese + pulled pork for dinner. From the freezer. I'll make some garlic bread to go with that or DH can make it into a sandwich, if he prefers. That will be dinner!

We used to have a wonderful USPS Mail Carrier. Where she's gone, I do not know.

I made a Mexican type dish today, using a bunch of veggies from the garden. First, I made an adobo with the end of the tomatillos, a couple of tomatoes, some garlic, and some toasted chiles - anchos, cascabel, and guajillos. I grilled the tomatillos and tomatoes, and blended all this until smooth. Then cooked it down quickly, over medium high heat, scraping the pan for 6-7 minutes, then added 2 c water, that I rinsed the blender out with, then I simmered it, while preparing the veggies. I had some beans I cut into about 1" pieces, and some okra I cut into 1/2" pieces - about 2 cups of each - and one small eggplant.
Stirring various vegetables into the adobo, before simmering. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I simmered all this together, while getting the chorizo ready - something that I had made with that venison a friend gave me recently. After about 20 minutes, I stirred it in, simmered another 3 minutes, and made some tacos with some toasted corn tortillas.
First taco, with the venison chorizo and vegetable adobo, with some jack cheese. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We ordered Thai food. We shared a tom yum soup, beef pad see ew, and a couple of imperial rolls. Very tasty.

Back
Top Bottom