Monday's Dinner Thread 4/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Honey-Mustard Basted Chicken Drums,
Buttered rice, Steamed Broccoli Florets........

Chicken Drums, Honey Mustard Basted...4-25-22.jpg

I'm thinking we'll have the Sole and mashed potatoes tonight. Since DH was not up to it last night. However, today, I'm priming the pump so to speak! I've got a pot of Spaghetti sauce cooking. It should awaken his appetite. Then I'll have tomorrow's dinner already ready to heat and serve. More about that tomorrow!

Ooops, I accidentally started a dinner thread too. Will try to cancel:); that.

It's comfort food today. Meatloaf, baked potatoes, and dijon mustard pinch of thyme honey glazed carrots. Already sampled some fresh baked banana bread earlier today.

Didn't feel up for cooking, so we tried out another chicken place that we have been to in years. I got tire of going there, because the gravy sucked and the only kind of chicken they served was rotisserie chicken that wasn't as good as the ones from Costco. Borrrrring. Tonight I had crispy, fried chicken breast. it was good. The gravy still tastes like the bulk stuff from powder. The coleslaw was sweet (yuck) and the grilled vegis were boring. They tasted like they had been boiled and then thrown on the grill just long enough for a few of the pieces to get a grill mark or two. DH ordered chicken poutine and was very disappointed. It seems to me that the best poutine comes from greasy spoon style restos.

Wow, taxy, sounds like you should have a do-over on dinner. Anything that goes with margaritas might be good. ;)

We're having a do-over supper: the leftover papparadelle with shrimp. Gonna go heat it now so we can watch NCIS at 9:00. It's a rerun, but we missed it the first time around because we were on vacation.

ww buns w/tofu lemon garlic sauce, ketchup, yellow mustard, dill pickle slices, tomato slices, diced cooked mushrooms on black bean burger.

food-meals-020.jpg
food-meals-022.jpg

And collards and clam sauce (vegan) w/ww spaghetti.
food-meals-027.jpg

I'm thinking we'll have the Sole and mashed potatoes tonight. Since DH was not up to it last night. However, today, I'm priming the pump so to speak! I've got a pot of Spaghetti sauce cooking. It should awaken his appetite. Then I'll have tomorrow's dinner already ready to heat and serve. More about that tomorrow!

Welp, I don't know where he put it! He ate a huge portion of fish and did a good job on the potatoes too. I put some fresh grown dill in the potatoes and it went well with the Sole and Capers. Then, DH announced he had to go to bed. I bet!

Happy dancing tonight.

Back
Top Bottom