Monday's Kitchen Effort 4/26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
BBQ Chicken Drumsticks, White Rice( boiled in Garlic & Jalapeno water), Cut Green Beans with Mushroom Pieces,,,,,,,

Chicken Drums, BBQ.jpg

Pan roasted crispy skin chicken thighs over a cauliflower and potato mash, with green beans. I am absolutely stuffed. I accidentally did find out that the rendered chicken fat is REALLY good over the mash, better than gravy. LOL.

Attachments

• 2021-04-26 19.38.41.jpg
    2021-04-26 19.38.41.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 136
I made the herb marinated, roasted, chicken breasts, like the ones I made a couple of weeks ago. I made a pasta dish with garlic, chard, and pecorino Romano. The chicken was great. The pasta was less interesting, so we added some basil pesto and that really helped. Photos were taken before I added the pesto. Not a very photogenic plate, but it was tasty. I'll tweak the recipe for the pasta dish.

Attachments

• PXL_20210426_222756855 small.jpg
    PXL_20210426_222756855 small.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 46
We had leftover pot roast and au gratin potatoes, and roasted carrots. Fell asleep before I could fix dessert...pound cake drizzled with chokecherry syrup for those interested.

We had chicken parm with spaghetti tonight. It was kind of a cheat as I had cooked up a bunch of chicken cutlets and froze them a while back. That makes the meal really easy to put together with sauce, also from the freezer and cheeses.

578F6C7D-30C0-42CF-87B8-D42AFBD83F23_1_201_a.jpg

We had chicken parm with spaghetti tonight. It was kind of a cheat as I had cooked up a bunch of chicken cutlets and froze them a while back. That makes the meal really easy to put together with sauce, also from the freezer and cheeses.

View attachment 46560

That's not a cheat. That's forethought and good planning.

We had leftover county style ribs, so I took the time to make a new recipe - Ina Garten's "roasted cauliflower with lemon and capers". When I asked Himself what he thought, he said "oh, that's good!". I guess I can make that again. We also had yellow potatoes with dill butter on the main plate, garden salad on the side.

IMG_20210426_205902017_HDR.jpg

Dinner last night was - Hero (I only ate half) and potato salad.

hero_potato_salad_042621_IMG_8030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom