Monday's Menu 9/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Happy Labor Day friends:chef:

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood!

Dinner tonight will be grilled flank steak in a soy based marinade, orzo salad (orzo, blanched asparagus, craisins, and toasted almonds, with an EVOO, lemon juice, and S & P dressing, and roasted cauliflower will round out the meal.

Enjoy the day!

Not sure as yet. Could be eggplant Parmesan or chiles rellenos...or neither. Glenn and I may spend the day on the Harley riding wherever the wind takes us, which means we could happen upon a nice place to eat. It's a postcard beautiful day and would be wasted spending it inside. Better to have wind in our hair and bugs in our teeth.:LOL:

Well Ken is off to watch the Labor Day Classic at a bar with the boys. The girls and I will likely either have soup or grilled cheese.

WAAAAAA!!!! I want a longer long weekend!!!!:(

Well Ken is off to watch the Labor Day Classic at a bar with the boys. The girls and I will likely either have soup or grilled cheese.

WAAAAAA!!!! I want a longer long weekend!!!!:(

Ah, yes, the Eskimos and the Stampeders do battle once again! I am taking hot dogs up to the hospital and am hoping that the TV room is free (or others in there are interested in the game as well. I can "nuke" the dogs (oh goody) complete with onions, and add the condiments there.

(Oh, and since my Roughriders AND Lions both won this weekend I will cheer for Edmonton.....but don't tell Ken ;))

i'm making that soup i so meant 2 cook @ various points in my weekend.

Because the end of the local fresh tomato season is in sight, we spent the day making spaghetti sauce which will be frozen in 1 pint containers and will be eating large Caesar salads this evening.

I wanted to buy some fresh asparagus this morning, opted for broccoli...the asparagus was $6.99/lb. Dang, I just wasn't quite ready for the end of fresh asparagus season.

According to my wife I think I'm grilling 5 lbs of marinated skirt steak. Carne asada rules this weekend throughout SoCal. It is the single most grilled cut of meat every summer holiday weekend according to George.

I thought I already posted but it's not here so...

...I'm telepathically in synch with Katie E as we just finished eggplant parm for dinner tonight.

I just woke up and forgot to marinate the chicken this morning...I called out for pizza! At least I can eat that cold when I finally wake up!

All summer I've been saving the base of the stalks of asparagus. So I tossed it in a pot with some canned chicken broth, a few over-ripe tomatoes, and some eggplant and onion I grilled last weekend. Put it through a food mill and we had a great soup!

We started with a fresh off the boat shrimp ceviche with avocado, and a fresh caught red snapper ceviche with mango. From there we went to two shredded salads( one broccoli and one cabbage)with Asian peanut or citrus vinaigrette. That lead to green beans sauteed with mushrooms and onions, then topped with cranberry cheese and bread crumbs and broiled for a few minutes(this was sooooo good). Next I sous vide 18 lbs of grass fed prime rib for 4 1/2 hrs @ 133 degree. I then charred it on a 750 degree grill for 10 minutes. It was very rare. Next time I'll start a bit sooner and a bit hotter, although it was still delicious. Capped off with gold potatoes mashed with butter and heavy cream

Back
Top Bottom