Monday's Menu - March 31st 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KatyCooks

Head Chef
I had beef fillet, stir fried with peppers, mushrooms, bean sprouts, red onion and cabbage, in a black bean sauce and served with buttered noodles. :)

BTW has anyone else lost their "yum" icon?

I had beef fillet, stir fried with peppers, mushrooms, bean sprouts, red onion and cabbage, in a black bean sauce and served with buttered noodles. :)

BTW has anyone else lost their "yum" icon?
Nope, I've got mine. :yum:

If you want the icon and can't see it, type colon, then yum, then colon. No spaces.

Hiya Taxy!

Your "yum" comes up as a small black box with a white cross in it (same as what shows on my Smilies list)

I'm going to type it here to see what happens: :yum:

Nope. Still comes up as a the box with a white cross. Oh well. Not the end of the world! :rolleyes:

We have kielbasa and sauerkraut in the crock pot.

This is the kielbasa we made a couple weeks ago.

Both Katy's and Taxy's Icons show as little black "x"s Not quite as disconsolating as the dreaded Red 'x's but almost. The icon symbol itself is a little black "x" too. No more yums, sigh.

Last edited:
Now this is strange. Katie's and Taxy's "yums" show up as a blue question mark box for me. Let me try. :yum:

Huh. Mine shows up as a blue question mark too.

Last edited:
I have a condo association annual meeting tonight so SO and I are on our own. I'll eat some leftovers, SO will have some soup.

Now this is strange. Katie's and Taxy's "yums" show up as a blue question mark box for me. Let me try. :yum:

Huh. Mine shows up as a blue question mark too.

Well I'm glad it's not something wrong with my laptop at any rate! :LOL:

And now, back to today's menu.... (sorry - didn't mean to hijack the thread!) :blush:

Some lovely meals so far!

I lost my "yum" here a couple days ago. All that I see is a tiny box that looks like a pastel version of our "image" icon when we post the web address for an image. Icon or no, we're all still good if we still have "yum" on our plates, right?

I'm making Taco Pot tonight. Last time I made it Himself said there was too much meat (I kinda loaded our bowls with lettuce :D ) so I'll probably freeze some meat to use another time.

I did a bad thing. I stayed up way late last night, maybe until 4 a.m. Watching old movies. Then I slept the morning away. Oops.

No long cooking procedures today. I think this calls for a sloppy joe kind of day.

I did a bad thing. I stayed up way late last night, maybe until 4 a.m. Watching old movies. Then I slept the morning away. Oops.

No long cooking procedures today. I think this calls for a sloppy joe kind of day.

I'm not seeing the "bad" here! :cool:

I can see Katy's yum smiley.

I'm going to make pork fajitas from the trimming I had last night from the slab of pork ribs I grilled.

I'm getting lazy today. My local supermarket had a sale on California Pizza Kitchen pizzas so I got a BBQ Chicken pizza. Probably have a salad with that so that I'll have an excuse that I didn't eat totally unhealthy.

I promise I'll eat something not in the junk food category tomorrow. :)

Smoked pork chops from a place called Bavarian meats. Going to make some potato pancakes w/ apple sauce and I am craving something simple like corn with butter....
The apple sauce lost to the sour cream....

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 181
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Hey, a question just occurred to me. Why leave well enough alone?

With that BBQ Chicken pizza, why not goose it up a bit? I'm thinking maybe partially pan cook some bacon then chop it up and throw it over the chicken, then fry a few very thin fresh pineapple slices in the bacon grease, chop them up a bit and throw it over the chicken too, then bake the whole thing.

Does that sound like it would work? Or taste good?

Hey, a question just occurred to me. Why leave well enough alone?

With that BBQ Chicken pizza, why not goose it up a bit? I'm thinking maybe partially pan cook some bacon then chop it up and throw it over the chicken, then fry a few very thin fresh pineapple slices in the bacon grease, chop them up a bit and throw it over the chicken too, then bake the whole thing.

Does that sound like it would work? Or taste good?

You had me at bacon and pineapple. They would make a piece of drywall taste good.

I have no idea what to have tonight. It may be drywall with bacon and pineapple.

Rock, your meal looks fantastic!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom