Mother's Day Dinner Sunday May 8th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
SO's request for dinner. Tuscan Butter Chicken.

IMG_0041.jpg

:clap::clap:Happy Mother's Day.

For lunch today I made devilled eggs and crispy fried sliced chicken caesar salads with avocado and radish slices, and strawberry angel food whip cream dessert.

For dinner I put together chicken romaine compari tomato and spicy mayo sammies on sour dough toast. And more pink fluff with extra whip cream.

Red Bean Chili and ww macaroni, carrot oat cookies.
Happy Mother's Day

Stirling made tonight's taco supper. We assemble them to our whims at the table. There are two bowls of cheese, because one is Monterrey Jack and the other is cheddar. The taste test determined that when it is in a taco, that the difference in flavour is negligible. I'm glad to have found La Costeña green, tomatillo salsa. It's delicious and doesn't have any tomato. We had Carlsberg pilsner with that. It was a delicious, enjoyable meal.

The setup:

All the fixings for taco supper.jpg

Two assembled tacos:

Assembled tacos.jpg

Today was my Cinco de Mayo dinner, 3 days late over at a friend's house. I took some guacamole over, plus some shrimp in chipotle sauce - I made the sauce Saturday, to heat up, and cook the shrimp in today, to eat in corn tortillas. She made another taco filling, to add some vegetables to the meal, mixed with some chorizo, to make everyone eat it! :LOL:
We had a few margaritas, too, but I had a small amount early, since I had to drive home.

Invited to my sister in law's ( the one who told me to bring something I can eat on passover, which got cancelled when they all got covid). Anyway, this was the same situation ( other than everyone was healthy) So, I made 4 pasta dishes.
Pasta with Broccoli, garlic and oil
Pasta with Roasted Brussel sprouts, garlic, oil and oregano
Pappardelle pasta with several different types of mushrooms , garlic, oil and and a splash of white truffle oil
And a Veggie lasagna wth a mushroom based sauce , a layer of a kale/ almond ricotta mix and aa layer of sautéed mushrooms and almond ricotta mix.

As expected, my stuff when quicker than hers ( except the brussel sprout pasta, which I love and apparently everyone else just liked :) )

Last edited:
Cheeseburger on an onion roll with fried onions, fries, and tortellini salad.

burger_050822_img_9582-jpg.49941

I spent Saturday afternoon and night with my mom and a cousin and his family, went to lunch at another cousin's house and drove two hours home, so DH made dinner. Steak, mashed potatoes and braised green beans. Cheesecake and macerated strawberries for dessert. Mmm.
20220508_202457.jpg

Back
Top Bottom