Must be Wednesday, it's Japanese! Dinner 06/20/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Cobean

Executive Chef
following on from lunch with my son at wagamama's yesterday,bucky t's glorious sushi/sashimi pics & the fact that one almost feels righteously healthy after dining a lá japanaise i have decided to continue on that path for tonights meal.i have some skinless/bone in free range/organic/corn fed(oy vey,if a chicken could hold a pen it would have a masters too:LOL:!) chicken thighs & drummers marinading as i type in a home made yakitori sauce.well,actually it's yoshida's spicy wing & rib sauce to which i have added some japanese dark soy,mirin & grated ginger.going to cook those on the top shelf of my countertop rotiss oven at 250c so that you get all those nice caramelised burnty bits & have that with a beansprout,water chestnut,bamboo shoot,daikon & spring onion salad washed down with an ice cold sapporo
what's your's?

Harry, Buon Giorno,

Hey Congrats ... The UK was quite challenged by The Ukranians last night, however, they pulled it off by landing a goal ... So, UK 1 - and Ukrania
Japanese ...

For lunch I making Waldorf ...

Dinner: I have a Chef friend at Kabuki, who provided me with a few packages of Japanese Bread Crumbs ... So, stuffed zucchini ( corgette ) boats ... The Vet and I do not like to eat too much or too heavy at night ...

We eat our main meal for lunch 14.30 hrs. ... and have breakfast as well early 6.30am ... so, we keep it quite light at night during the laboral week.

Did you catch the game ?

Have lovely day.
Ciao. Margi.

Last edited:
Since we leave in the morning for my nephew's wedding, tonight will be clean out the fridge night. I have a frozen pizza that can be cooked if we run out of leftovers and folks are still hungry.

Harry, Buon Giorno,

Hey Congrats ... The UK was quite challenged by The Ukranians last night, however, they pulled it off by landing a goal ... So, UK 1 - and Ukrania
Japanese ...

For lunch I making Waldorf ...

Dinner: I have a Chef friend at Kabuki, who provided me with a few packages of Japanese Bread Crumbs ... So, stuffed zucchini ( corgette ) boats ... The Vet and I do not like to eat too much or too heavy at night ...

We eat our main meal for lunch 14.30 hrs. ... and have breakfast as well early 6.30am ... so, we keep it quite light at night during the laboral week.

Did you catch the game ?

Have lovely day.
Ciao. Margi.
good evening margi
it was england not the uk,but i know what you mean:ermm::rolleyes:!yes i did watch the match & we were lucky,very lucky.the ukraine out played us for a lot of the match and,if we'd had touchline technology as in cricket & tennis,it would have been a 1-1 draw after devic's shot was hooked out by terry after it had crossed the line.still,all that matters is the scores on the doors!
ahhh,panko breadcrumbs,nearly fainted when i saw tesco are selling them for £1 for a decent sized pack.going to bread my pork(if you'll excuse the phrase;)!)with them next time i cook schnitzel
enjoy your evening
harry

I miss having some ramen at Waggamammas, always a nice lunch there.

Tonight I am making pizzas. Will need to start the dough soonish.

I frequently have dinner out with friends on Wednesdays, and tonight is one of those nights. We go to a local bar/grill that has 50-cent tacos on Wednesdays, so that's the menu.

Harry,

Sorry ... Yes, I am aware it was England ... Not the UK ... Sorry.

Challenging games for European Cup, as everyone wants to win, big Money at stake ! Almost all the games I have followed are drawn out and take long time to get that one little goal --- like Croatia and Spain; Spain one and Croatia Nil ...

The game with England was practically the same.

Kind regards.
Ciao, Margi.

I have no clue what we will be having yet. We have some errands to run in town, so we may get something while we are out. :cool:

Some of the bounty from our big city venture! Honey smoked salmon, wild rice, 4 bean salad.

A couple of my Negroni biancos (Compari, white vermouth, and gin) followed by sliced roast pork with mashed potatoes and gravy, and steamed buttered sugar snap peas.

Last edited:
My oyster stew tastes terriffic, but I held back and put it in the fridge overnight to get the most flavor. Hmmmm, oyster stew for breakfast with some garlic butter toasted kaiser rolls. Mmmmmmmmm.

Tonight is eat-as-you-cook, teppan night. Several small portions of flank steak and chopped vegis over a large countertop Lodge cast iron griddle. I pretend to be a teppan chef with people seated in stools in front of me....:LOL:
We do this often, btw, and it's fun dining...

Tonight was leftover stuffed peppers and salad. We didnt' get home until 6 and I didn't' fell like cooking....

Tonight is eat-as-you-cook, teppan night. Several small portions of flank steak and chopped vegis over a large countertop Lodge cast iron griddle. I pretend to be a teppan chef with people seated in stools in front of me....:LOL:
We do this often, btw, and it's fun dining...

Do you do the knife thing, RF, you know, like swirling them around like numb chucks? (snicker)

Harry,

Sorry ... Yes, I am aware it was England ... Not the UK ... Sorry.

Challenging games for European Cup, as everyone wants to win, big Money at stake ! Almost all the games I have followed are drawn out and take long time to get that one little goal --- like Croatia and Spain; Spain one and Croatia Nil ...

The game with England was practically the same.

Kind regards.
Ciao, Margi.
margi
no worries margi "je suis du pays de galles" so rugby is my game anyway:)!
i think the problem is that a lot of teams these days have a large number of players from other countries,so when we play in international matches the players end up playing against their league game team mates so they know all of their moves.that is what makes the managers ability crucial.hodgson seems to be doing a lot better than the last few donkey's that we have had in the job

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom