My 3 year old cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lisar

Cook
When I make biscuits, she always has to help me. So she gets her stool and gets up to the counter and I always give her a handful of dough. Well she will sit there and roll and play with that dough forever. So lastnight I decided to make it interesting for her and added food coloring to her dough for her. She loved it and then she asked me to cook one of her biscuits, so I did. And she ate every bite of that purple biscuit. It was a dark purple. I just had to share that.

Yes Dee, you CAN wait. Trust me..... really... you can!!!
:)

That is very cute!

My (almost) 4 year old helped me make biscuits the the other night too, but her helping consisted of putting them on the baking sheet after I handed them to her from the Pillsbury can :LOL:

I have pictures of her doing this, I will have to post some for yall to see. They are so cute. I will post them later when I get home, I am at work and they are on my pc at home

Yes I suppose you guys are right....having been a pre-school teacher for 8 yrs I guess I should have known better!!:wacko::LOL:
OK I change it to I can't wait till she is old enough to cook me a good meal, then do the dishes afterward!! :ROFLMAO: Is that better??

MUCH better!!!!
I shouldn't say that tho... legogirl is good at helping, however stopping helping is not high on her list....

I always loved helping in the kitchen when I was a little girl, and at age three, it was my grandma I was helping. She always found something for me to do and never made me feel like I was underfoot.
The first thing I remember doing was drying the silverware when she washed dishes. I also remember that she let me eat little bites of raw ground beef. Of course the beef was straight from the butcher that day.

Mom spent time with me in the kitchen too, after I got a little older. My dad worked second shift, and we did a lot of special things together. The first thing I remember doing with her was making cut-out Christmas cookies. I got my own bit of dough to work with, plus assorted colors of powdered sugar and water frosting and all kinds of sprinkles. I guess I must have made a big mess. I remember mom saying that I worked that cookie dough until it was gray, and that my face was stained up with food coloring because I kept licking the icing off my fingers.

My girls weren't that interested in the day-to-day stuff...they had TV's. But we did do special projects, and homemade pizza was one of their favorites. We did it a lot for slumber parties...I'd make up a big batch of dough and get the toppings ready, and then let the girls go from there. Yes, it was a mess, but the kids had a ball.

When we got the grandson at age three, he was a disturbed little boy, and very hyperactive at first...but he loved kneading pizza dough, and it seemed very therapeutic for him.

Back
Top Bottom