My boss had me order a grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GB said:
Yes Steve really does know his stuff, although he got rid of the black eyed pea salad from his menu. Good thing I got the recipe before he stopped serving it.

Would that salad be anything like Texas Caviar? I have that recipe, and love it.

GB said:
Yes Steve really does know his stuff, although he got rid of the black eyed pea salad from his menu. Good thing I got the recipe before he stopped serving it.

GB, please share the recipe. If you can't post it, send it to me via PM. Buck and I would probably love it. Thanks.

GB said:
Steve Uliss. He is the owner of Fireflys. He is a Northerner, but learned how to BBQ from John Willingham.

Hey! What's that about Northerners?:huh:

You know you're a dedicated BBQ'r when you fire up the Webber in 5-degree F. weather and have to shovel our the BBQ area and form a 6-foot widbreak on the West side to keep the wind and snow off of ya. That's my yard in the winter. And as for talent, you only have to ask anyone who's had something off of my grill, anythin off of my grill.

Northerners, rise up against the predjudice of the South. They think they are the only ones who can cook with fire! I say, we should invite them up here to da U.P. and show 'em how it's done.

Ha! Gotcha. You think I thought that you thought that I thought that you were dissin us up here. Go ahead, admit it. Well, I know you better than that.;)

But seriously, something to show of with, hmmmm, let me think.:ermm: What about smoking a whole turkey on that bad boy. If you haven't done it, it's really easy, requires little effort, is inexpensive, and makes the best turkey ever. But to do it right, you need some good wood chips and a smoker box for your grill (can be as simple as two disposable pie tins with holes poked in the top one).

Technique:
Bring a twenty pound turkey to room temperature in warm water. Remove and take out the gizzards, neck, etc. Put those in a pot to boil. Drythe bird and rub with softned butter. Lightly salt. You will cook this bird with indirect heat until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees at the leg-joint.

To do this, soak fruit and maple-wood chips in water for 30 minutes. Fire up all burners to get everything good and hot. Turn off one of the burners and place the wood chips into the bottom pie tin. Cover with the perforated tin and place of the lit burner. Place the bird breast-side up over the unlit burner and close the cover. Make sure that the glass of your meat thermometer is covered with foil to prevent the smoke from fouling the glass. Figure cooking time at ten minutes per pound. This will allow you to check the thermometer and insure that you don't overcook the bird. REmove to a platter when it's done. Let rest for 15 minutes or so. REmove the breasts whole and slice against the grain. Serve with honey glazed carrots, also cooked in a pan on the grill.

After the meal, ask the boss for a raise.:ROFLMAO: If that one doesn't get you the raise, cook him up a crown roast made from pork tenderloin with the rib-bones attaced. If you want the recipe, just ask.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I spend last Friday assembling it. Who would have thought that I would have gotten a job in high tech and then spend my day assembling a grill :LOL:

We fired it up a few days ago for the first time and it worked like a charm. We just did burgers and dogs, but everyone was thrilled to be able to do it.

GB said:
I spend last Friday assembling it. Who would have thought that I would have gotten a job in high tech and then spend my day assembling a grill :LOL:

Umm...high tech.....all day to assemble it?:LOL:

jk

Mudbug I will have them make a position for you if you move here!!!

Jeekinz, I thought it was pretty funny that we had all these guys around with high tech tool boxes with $10,000 worth of tools in them and I was the one who got stuck putting it together.

Actually it went together very easily. I spent more time going out to buy the gas tank and accessories then actually assembling it.

GB, that's a very nice grill! Kim looked at Weber's before he bought his Sears one, but he didn't want to spend that much money at the time.

Hope you have fun!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom