My Shrimp Stir Fry Success

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margie_14

Assistant Cook
:chef: Tonight I created a shrimp stir fry for my boy friend and I out of what I had in my meagre cupboards. It turned out really well! We were both pleasantly surprised!
I threw in a pan:
frozen shrimp, butter, lemon juice, a sprinkle of garlic powder and chilli powder, water chestnuts, canned pinapple, chopped onion, chopped red and green peppers, some teriaki sauce and a little spicy mexican merinade leftover in the fridge. I served it on rice with mango-kiwi smoothies to drink. It was the perfect meal!

Tomorrow I plan on continuing to rummage through the cupboards and make some sort of tuna casserole. I was reading through some of the tuna casserole ideas posted on here and now have lots of ideas. I've actually never had the mushroom soup version before. My mom always made it with her own sauce. Good to know there is a quick casserole fix though! If anyone has anymore suggestions for tuna casserole please post!
Thanks! :)

in all fairness that sounds more like a saute. stir fries are done over screaming heat which will burn butter.

Kiwi-Mango Smoothies

I just used vanilla yogurt, ice, fozen mango and kiwi, milk and honey to sweeten. I keep lots of frozen fruit in the freezer as I find it works best for smoothies. This might be cheating - but oh well, it still tastes good!

And thanks for the terminology tip - I guess it was a saute then!

stir frying can be accomplished in a steel or an iron WOK over HIGH HEAT with a high smoking point oil like peanut oil or almond oil.

if you are just cooking veggies and meat over moderate heat with butter its more of a saute, imo

you should try more traditional stir fry, i think you will be pleased with the results

That sounds reallly yummy!!!.

I make a sort of greek shrimp dish with shrimp, kalmata olives, lemon juice, mushrooms, feta cheese, butter, garlic and some spices. We LOVE it everytime it's made.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom