My tuna feast from December.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Village Idiot

Assistant Cook
Lets just say, I haven't had tuna since....

MY neighbor works at a large hotel/conference center and he can get food for exceptionally cheap through them. He got a slab of sashimi grade tuna that was probably about 9lbs or so. I'm not up on the weight, but the length was about 16"-18" long.

Any ways, we had a feild day.

While cutting we sliced off two pieces for tuna steaks. Seared those for a quick minute to leave them nice and rare in the middle. That was the appetizer :mrgreen:

Next I cut up squares for some ahi poke.

After that my neighbor was making tuna burgers. While he was busy with those I had some flank steak that he cut very thin. I made flank steak rolls. I rolled the steak up with tuna, avacado and cream cheese in one, tuna and avacado in the other, and tuna in the third. While that was cooking I took leftover avacado that was cut and mashed it up with sugar in it for dessert. It took 6 people stuffing themselves silly to finish it off.

Everything but the seared steaks and the ahi poke is pictured below. The poke was in the fridge and the steaks were already gone by then.

Clicking takes you to Flickr where you can view larger sizes if you so choose:

Looking at that makes my mouth water! We can't get anything like that here in the boonies, and even frozen tuna steaks cost an arm and a leg.

Looking at that makes my mouth water! We can't get anything like that here in the boonies, and even frozen tuna steaks cost an arm and a leg.

Try some place like www.catalinaop.com

I keep eyeing them up for their sushi, but it looks like they have a good selection. It can get expensive if you start ordering a ton of things, but they overnight it to your door, so if you're some where where seafood is scarce, there are options.

Back
Top Bottom