My Wife's Event

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
My wife is having 12 of her dearest friends over for the weekend. I may take a pict before they go. I am a little out of it, having painted a room, assembling 4 beds, made 4 trips to the airport, and shopping all day, all in 3 days so far.
Any way, the good stuff and this list is subject to modification because I was at the airport for parts of it.

Friday Evening, Collard green dip and tortilla, spinach empanada's fettichini, meatballs, and something else

Sat breakfest, scrambled eggs, fruit, bacon, coffee tea

Sat Lunch, Steamed crabs, corn on cob, collard greens, new potatos, 4 types of fried fish,

I will have to add to this when I fully wake up

My wife is having 12 of her dearest friends over for the weekend. I may take a pict before they go. I am a little out of it, having painted a room, assembling 4 beds, made 4 trips to the airport, and shopping all day, all in 3 days so far.
Any way, the good stuff and this list is subject to modification because I was at the airport for parts of it.

Friday Evening, Collard green dip and tortilla, spinach empanada's fettichini, meatballs, and

Sat breakfest, scrambled eggs, fruit, bacon, coffee tea

Sat Lunch, Steamed crabs, corn on cob, collard greens, new potatos, 4 types of fried fish,

I will have to add to this when I fully wake up

so far it sounds lovely, lucky friends

babe;);)

Oh my goodness, are you doing all the cooking? Sounds like you are a very devoted husband - your wife is lucky - lucky to have 12 "dearest" friends and to have such a helpful partner.

Oh, this sounds marvelous! How did it all turn out?

Don't worry, you can answer that after you have had awhile to recouperate!

If you're doing that much cooking of steamed crabs and fried fish, do you have an outdoor fryer/steamer? If so, how about a crawfish boil, clam bake, or a fried turkey (or two)?

Do you have an outdoor smoker? I'd get a couple pork butts, and smoke those for pulled BBQ sandwiches. Of course, I'd be willing to try a smoked turkey (or two) as well.

There are eight people living here, three adults and five children, so we have to cook alot of food. Luckily, I am a cook, so I'm used to quantity cooking.

I bought the crabs and believe me unless you are feeding a small army a bushel of boy crabs is to many

as for how it turned out, there are still left overs in the ice box, Still a dirty dish or 2, mainly stuff that I dont want to wash cause i make break it, like the glass cake server thing that I have already chipped

It went well, the girls ate well, from what i here there are pictures all over face book of them in post dining relaxation positions

Maybe by the weekend I will be able to stand still and not wobble or feel like I am wobbling...

The consensus was, when we go to there cities they are taking us out to eat :)

Back
Top Bottom